TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Instrument cluster Nav Display always in night mode?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by flyinghawaiian, Mar 27, 2016.

1. flyinghawaiian

Just picked up the car and we love it. Still trying to learn everything about it.

We noticed that the Nav in the instrument cluster is always in a sort of night mode. I've seen video on youtube that shows it in color. How can we change it?

Attached Files:

2. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Well-Known Member

I believe you would change this from the "Controls" screen, and the "Displays" option from there. From the manual:

--
    7. Displays Manually control the brightness and the Day (light background) or Night (dark background) setting of the touchscreen and instrument panel. When set to Auto, the brightness changes automatically between day and night brightness based on ambient lighting conditions. When Auto-adjust is checked, the displays are further adjusted based on both the surroundings and by learning your preferences (i.e. it remembers the type of manual adjustments you make).

3. flyinghawaiian

I tried that. It does change the center display, but for some reason, not the Nav in the instrument cluster.

4. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

How odd. Try rebooting.