Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Instrument Cluster Reboots Every Morning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since the 2019.32.2.2 update and now V10 2019.32.11 every morning when I open the door, the instrument cluster is dark and then goes through the reboot cycle. Anyone else? It doesn't take long. Maybe this is intentional?

I've sent in the usual reports but no response from Tesla.

This is a MCU1/AP2.5 car.

Since the 2019.32.2.2 update and now V10 2019.32.11 every morning when I open the door, the instrument cluster is dark and then goes through the reboot cycle. Anyone else? It doesn't take long. Maybe this is intentional?

I've sent in the usual reports but no response from Tesla.

This is a MCU1/AP2.5 car.
I had this issue even before the update. I created a service appointment and mobile reached out, or someone texted me, and they pushed a fix remotely, and it resolved on my ,17 ( July ,17) S. It was a pain cuz every time I got in car it rebooted or wasn’t available immediately.

While I'm a new owner, my 2015 does this pretty regularly as well. Not every time, but often. I am experimenting with sleep modes on TeslaFi. I've turned sleep modes off via the web interface and we'll see if the cluster turns on faster when I get in.

This used to happen in my car. Super annoying
Sometimes it would take 2 minutes and I’d think my car was dead

I also had a yellow screen

Brought to Tesla and service center fixed both issues.

(Although yellow screen is back)

FWIW Dec 2016 build. MCU 1. AP 2.0