Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Instrument cluster start up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, so I bought a 2017 1000D model X. I wanted to know if it's normal that everytime I get into the car the instrument cluster panel takes like 10 seconds to start up vs the 17 inch screen is ready to go right away .
Thanks

Hi everyone, so I bought a 2017 1000D model X. I wanted to know if it's normal that everytime I get into the car the instrument cluster panel takes like 10 seconds to start up vs the 17 inch screen is ready to go right away .
Thanks
Just started happening to me after the last update. Only first thing in the morning (may be charging related?). Other times of the day the instrument cluster is ready when I open the door.

Check "Power saving mode" under Display in the settings. If that is turned on, after X amount of time the computers turn off to save power. And the computer for the instrument cluster is a bit slow to start. So if your car has been "running" in the last 30 minutes, the IC would most likely be on at the moment you unlock the car.

• Informative
Reactions: EV-Fixme
Check "Power saving mode" under Display in the settings. If that is turned on, after X amount of time the computers turn off to save power. And the computer for the instrument cluster is a bit slow to start. So if your car has been "running" in the last 30 minutes, the IC would most likely be on at the moment you unlock the car.

I have had my 2015 MS P85D since it was 18 months old with only 1,500km on the clock. Since then it has been the love of my life and until recently has been almost flawless. Every time I opened the door the 2 displays would turn on immediately until a month or 2 ago when the main cluster started to take 15-30 seconds to boot up.

I am sure that in my initial setup I had Save Power set to No but when I checked just a few minutes ago it was set to Yes.

I will report back later once I can confirm this has fixed the problem.

Thanks for the suggestion.