Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Instrument panel brightness

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This seems very basic, but I cannot figure out how to adjust the brightness of the instrument panel. I've found the Display Brightness setting, both on the touchscreen settings, and via the right thumbwheel. Using either only seems to affect the brightness of the touchscreen, they don't affect the brightness of the instrument panel.

What am I missing?

Are you absolutely sure the display brightness control doesn't affect the instrument panel? If so, you should contact Tesla to repair it. Or maybe try to do a few reboots first to see if it fixes itself.

The brightness control should do both. First try a reboot (press and hold both scroll wheels for the display, and then both upper buttons for the instrument panel). If that doesn't work, call service.

I rebooted, both, though not sure it was necessary. The instrument display does dim, just not nearly enough. I have a white car, and at night it shows the white car and the headlights, which is way too much white light from the instrument display.

The personalization is nice, but at night, not so much...

Reactions: newtman