Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Instrument panel does not turn on, unable to drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I experienced a strange issue, which started yesterday when I parked my car for a while. After returning to car, the smaller display did not turn on, and the system gave 6-8 different error messages (abs, traction control, airbag, regen, parking brake failure etc). After countless reboots instrument panel turned on and I was able to drive it back home (but with all mentioned systems disabled). After stopping and shutting down all errors disappeared and the car worked normally for the rest of the day.

Today, the problem came back, but this time nothing helps. I have been trying to reboot both screens, turn power off, locking the car, opening and closing door, depressing brake pedals etc in many different sequences without any help. Instrument panel stays dark and the error messages are displayed on the main screen.

Any ideas? Is there a way to do a hard reboot which would reboot all systems? This is an european model (vin 29205). I guess it may be related to the service campaign which will require the instrument panel to be replaced.

I'd also call ownership. But in short yes you can pop the frunk pull the plastic piece on top of th fuse. Box and pull the fuse (just the one fuse) ownership can help walk you through the correct one. I ow which one on my car because I've had to do it one time as a master reboot. You pull it out with a pair of needle nose pliers and let it sit out for two minutes and then put it back in. If that doesn't solve the problem then you'll likely have to have it towed to service.

I experienced a strange issue, which started yesterday when I parked my car for a while. After returning to car, the smaller display did not turn on, and the system gave 6-8 different error messages (abs, traction control, airbag, regen, parking brake failure etc). After countless reboots instrument panel turned on and I was able to drive it back home (but with all mentioned systems disabled). After stopping and shutting down all errors disappeared and the car worked normally for the rest of the day.

Today, the problem came back, but this time nothing helps. I have been trying to reboot both screens, turn power off, locking the car, opening and closing door, depressing brake pedals etc in many different sequences without any help. Instrument panel stays dark and the error messages are displayed on the main screen.

Any ideas? Is there a way to do a hard reboot which would reboot all systems? This is an european model (vin 29205). I guess it may be related to the service campaign which will require the instrument panel to be replaced.

Ranger came and fixed it today. It was caused by some problem with Instrument panel, which was replaced and now it is working again.

I'm just wondering why you couldn't drive it. the screens are independent of the driving system. I have driven while rebooting them (What can I say, the light changed sooner than I expected.:redface:)