TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Instrument Panel Fan

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Lukez, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Lukez

Lukez Member

It seems like the fan on my instrument panel is about to go (started making noise, sounds like a fan blade is rubbing because I can make it be quieter by giving a small whack on the top of the IP). Had similar sounds on power supply fans on my desktop computers that eventually died.

I'd like to see if there is anyone in the community that has an IP laying around that can take off the fan and get a part number and some measurements of the squirrel cage fan that's on the IP? Maybe @Btr_ftw or someone else with a bunch of parts laying around?

I'll post my findings of a replacement for the community.

My backup plan is to get a damaged IP on ebay and snag the fan from it but that does nothing for the community learning.

Thanks

[​IMG]

2. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

Sure it would, as you could then share the part number/size. ;)

You might contact @wk057, HSR Motors, to see if he might have that part available.