TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Instrument Panel Rattles

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by MS16, Mar 2, 2017.

1. MS16

MS16 Member

My Sept 2016 S has a rattle on the top of the dash near the driver that is getting worse. It used to just rattle when it was cold, now it does it when warm too.

I can tap the top of the dash and make it rattle, it sounds like it's a clip that holds the top of the dash to the rest of the instrument panel.

Has anyone has any success with getting the clips replaced or tightened? I don't want to risk making it worse or making even more clips start to rattle.

2. BerTX

BerTX Active Member

I had this, and the Service Center was able to separate the layers and put some padding in. Worked great for a while, now it's back in other places, and other things are rattling. It is dependent on the road surface. I guess I'll just keep finding the specific rattles so they can be described accurately for the tech.

3. tomas

tomas Traded in 9 rep bars for M3, used to be somebody!

#3 tomas, Mar 2, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    • Helpful x 1