Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insulting trade-in offer on my 2016 Model X 90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all! Thanks for all of the great feedback. It has 13,600 miles. In reading through the posts I learned about the proper place to post my car "for sale" at Tesla for Sale so thanks for that. I also found out that as a USAA member I can list it in the TrueCar.com network. I'm waiting for a dealer to make an offer. I had an offer at $81,500 from a private party but he hasn't been able to arrange financing. I also had an offer at $80k from a dealer - but he's gone incognito. Carmax is a hassle because it's far from my house and they don't seem to understand much about Tesla. They offered $73k back in August and I'm going back today to get an updated offer. I'll update the post with my final results for those who care. Thanks!

• Helpful
Reactions: skilly
Tesla won’t match carmax prices for Teslas. Only for other cars. I just talked to them about mine and ended up selling it privately.

Yes, this point has been made before - Tesla's trade-in offers for Teslas, due to their rigid CPO system, are inferior to their trade-in offers for other brands.

The exception to that rule may be the guaranteed residuals, if you are selling a car of guaranteed residual age.