Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance and anti theft...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ok, thanks for that information.
I just received my car today, and I was told at the dealership that Aviva seem to accept screenshots for the geolocalisation enabled in the phoneapp as well as the antitheft. This along with a screenshot of the current location of the car, as a proof of it working.
She said that most clients that she's dealt with in Montreal have been able to do this.
I will try this in the next few days, and update this post.

I recently insured my model 3 with TD Meloche and got a very decent price. I didn't have to install anything but there was a form about installation of a tracking device that I had to sign and send back to them as I confirmation that I would install one. This confused me a lot but it finally turned out to be more of a standard procedure on their part for all newly insured vehicles.

Part of the explanation I got was "Tesla is the only brand who offers the tracking device by default on their vehicles so, on your part, you just need to maintain it in working order. Other brands like Tag, Boomerang, M-Link or Intercepter can be deactivated if someone doesn't want to pay for their services anymore."

Hopefully this will clarify things in case you're still looking into getting your car insured or other new Tesla owners.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9