TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Insurance and Ludicrous Speed

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Cr8it, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Cr8it

Cr8it Member

Does anyone have any perspective on how ludicrous mode impacts your insurance. I ordered my car with it, but had a concerning call from my agent today. I have had fast cars before, but the way the question was asked I am worried if I am in for some kind of shock. I should know in a day or two, but wondered what others have found.

Thanks

2. L-P-G

L-P-G Member

I had AllState on my G37s @ $1k, they wanted $1600 for the 90D and my agent also quoted me the P90D at $2100. needless to say I skipped on the P and switched to progressive, now I pay $760, Don't ask me how as I had been getting quotes all week and they had all been $850-$1200, this included progressive. for some reason I lost my old quote so I filled the form a second time and now it was $760. I bought it right then and there

• Informative x 1
  3. DougH

DougH Active Member

It's the same for me, with two cars. One a 2006 Honda and the other a 2015 S90DL.....$1400 for 6 months. I am with Nationwide. That is the cheapest I could find.

4. neroden

neroden Happy Model S Owner

Every insurance company I got a quote from charged higher rates for the "P85" than for the ordinary 85.

So yes, I would expect you to be penalized for ordering "ludicrous" speed.