Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance classifying my 60D as "high performance"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It definitely pays to shop around.

I recently leased a P90 and my long-time insurance company quoted a price almost double what I was paying. After shopping around I found a deal with a premium only slightly higher than my current insurance on an Audi Q5 with lots of miles valued at $13,000.

I was with Farmers and was quoted $235 a month for the x60D up from $75 a month on my Infiniti QX60. I switched to Liberty Mutual and got $115 a month for the x60D which includes $0 deductible glass, better car replacement, and 300/500 limits which I felt was a fair price.

Shop around for sure. I am on the other end of the spectrum. Picked up an inventory P90DL last week and my rate is now only $20/more per month vs. my previous car (which was ~320HP), all else being equal.

I am with AAA and it sounded like they only had 2 options for Model S: P models vs. "regular". I have read about folks here getting good numbers from Progressive as well.

Add Safeco to the list of companies that see the S 90D as an S P90D. Since they see it as a 'performance model', the annual rate would be $1958 for a 45 y/o male with no accidents, no tickets, multi-policy discount and multi-car discount and 250/500 coverage with $1000 deductible. I have a 27 y/o friend who pays less than that for his S 90D coverage with Progressive. Safeco said it might be cheaper if they could get it changed but only the underwriter would be able to determine that. I'll ask them to run it by the underwriter. If they can't do a lot better, I'll probably be moving all of my policies elsewhere.