TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Insurance Company Question

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Impala1ss, Aug 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Impala1ss

Impala1ss Member

My new MS75 will be delivered in several weeks and I need to insure it. I've gotten a quote from Geico, USAA, and Travelers Insurance for my 3 vehicles. Using the same insurance limits it appears that Travelers (sold through AAA) has the cheaper rates. I live in Florida, have no accidents on record and am OLD. :)

I don't know anything about Travelers but am willing to change to them. One of their features is that I like is "all structural replacement components will be produced by the original equipment manufacturer." That's very important because my new Tesla (to be delivered in 2-3 weeks) uses all aluminum sheet metal and framing.

Just looking for other's experiences and comments. Tks.

2. bishoppeak

bishoppeak Member

If you are eligible for USAA go with them. Cheap rates don't matter if the service is subpar. Only Tesla parts are available for the Model S, so that guarantee is meaningless.

3. rxlawdude

rxlawdude Member

Not to mention that in some states, such as California, insurers must allow you to take the car to the shop of choice. Of course, that would be a Tesla-approved body shop using real Tesla parts.

I'm not sure Florida is as consumer friendly. I'd bet against it, in fact.

• Like x 1
  4. patrick40363

patrick40363 Member

State Farm also uses OEM parts.

5. patrick40363

patrick40363 Member

There will come a time when parts from other vendors will be available. The guarantee is a good thing.

6. Modeler

Modeler Member

Travelers is a solid company. I would chose them over GEICO.

7. ev-now

ev-now Member

Seen various claims that GEICO are not Tesla friendly when it matters - i.e. when you were hit by one of their insured, and are trying to get your Tesla fixed. No idea if that extends to your own insurance, but I'd bet it does.

Travelers are a solid company, lots of commercial insurance policies in place. As for claims, I don't know.

8. Lasttoy

Lasttoy Member

I am using USAA for my 6 autos for fleet price.