Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance Company Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My new MS75 will be delivered in several weeks and I need to insure it. I've gotten a quote from Geico, USAA, and Travelers Insurance for my 3 vehicles. Using the same insurance limits it appears that Travelers (sold through AAA) has the cheaper rates. I live in Florida, have no accidents on record and am OLD. :)

I don't know anything about Travelers but am willing to change to them. One of their features is that I like is "all structural replacement components will be produced by the original equipment manufacturer." That's very important because my new Tesla (to be delivered in 2-3 weeks) uses all aluminum sheet metal and framing.

Just looking for other's experiences and comments. Tks.

My new MS75 will be delivered in several weeks and I need to insure it. I've gotten a quote from Geico, USAA, and Travelers Insurance for my 3 vehicles. Using the same insurance limits it appears that Travelers (sold through AAA) has the cheaper rates. I live in Florida, have no accidents on record and am OLD. :)

I don't know anything about Travelers but am willing to change to them. One of their features is that I like is "all structural replacement components will be produced by the original equipment manufacturer." That's very important because my new Tesla (to be delivered in 2-3 weeks) uses all aluminum sheet metal and framing.

State Farm also uses OEM parts.

Seen various claims that GEICO are not Tesla friendly when it matters - i.e. when you were hit by one of their insured, and are trying to get your Tesla fixed. No idea if that extends to your own insurance, but I'd bet it does.

Travelers are a solid company, lots of commercial insurance policies in place. As for claims, I don't know.

What insurer did you choose?

My neighbor is moving from SoCal to near Tampa next month. Just told me that she will have to sell her 5-year old Model S because insurance is too expensive in Fla; got quotes of $2,000 and $2500 per 6 months from two different carriers. Their Toyota full size pickup will cost $600.

What insurer did you choose?

My neighbor is moving from SoCal to near Tampa next month. Just told me that she will have to sell her 5-year old Model S because insurance is too expensive in Fla; got quotes of $2,000 and $2500 per 6 months from two different carriers. Their Toyota full size pickup will cost $600.
I live in SoCal...Been with USAA for 48 years...I have 2019 Model 3 AWD and 2020 Model S.....

bodily injury 100k/300k
property. 50k
insured motorist 30,000/60,000
comp and collision deductibles waiver ($1,000 did)
No medical because it does not kick in until after Medicare/Part G so no sense in having it

We pay 364.88 for Model 3 and $531.74 for Model S every 6-months.....total $896.62 x 2 = $1,739,40 annually

Great company and outstanding customer service....if you or anybody in your family have military or government. connections you should check it out.....Also, if you have your house. life or other insurance with them, they pay a very hefty dividend at the end of the year and if you are over 65, they give you a senior dividend paid in February.....lasy year we got over $577....not bad

I live in SoCal...Been with USAA for 48 years...I have 2019 Model 3 AWD and 2020 Model S.....

bodily injury 100k/300k
property. 50k
insured motorist 30,000/60,000
comp and collision deductibles waiver ($1,000 did)
No medical because it does not kick in until after Medicare/Part G so no sense in having it

We pay 364.88 for Model 3 and $531.74 for Model S every 6-months.....total $896.62 x 2 = $1,739,40 annually

Great company and outstanding customer service....if you or anybody in your family have military or government. connections you should check it out.....Also, if you have your house. life or other insurance with them, they pay a very hefty dividend at the end of the year and if you are over 65, they give you a senior dividend paid in February.....lasy year we got over $577....not bad
Not useful information for my friend moving to florida.

• Disagree
Reactions: r1200gs4ok
you dont get it do you.....you dont have to be military...if your son's, daughter's, brother, sister, mom, dad, grandpa, wife's, family are / or were in military or government jobs, you are eligible....

Does it have to be a federal government job? I'd like to join USAA, but I don't think I'd qualify. My cousin is in the Army but still doesn't seem to fit their eligibility requirements. Perhaps I'll call just to make sure.

Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 10.40.46 PM.png