Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance deals for Tesla model 3 in Japan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Surely the insurance deal depends on a few things like the status of your driving licence and so on but if you compare to other cars you have owned, is it more expensive to insure Tesla model 3? What kind of rates one should be expecting?

Currently I am using Tokio Nichido Marine (the one with the blue and yellow logo) They are charging me about 12,700 yen a month. Based on my Insurance rating (level 16 or so, no accidents in the last 5 years), I think they are a little high. I did an online quote with the SBI/Marche group and that come out to closer to 9000 yen per month. I am going to go talk to Mitsui Sumitomo and see if they have a better deal. I'll present all that to my current guy and see if I can get a better rate.
I have an acquaintance in Hiroshima who said they are paying about 9000yen a month, but I don't know which company they are using. They have an SR+, I have a LR Dual Motor.

Thanks a lot for the reference. I already got my model 3 and switched my old insurance to the Tesla. I'm rather new to Japan with a current insurance rating of 7 which makes me suffer every month with the insurance payments (now about 20000 JPY/month with Mitsui-Sumitomo). Just have to focus on driving safely and get my rating higher.

Reactions: TesQuestJapan