Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance discount for COVID-19?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even if your insurance company is not offering a discount or payment waiver, it would make sense to change the primary use of your vehicles to "pleasure" and significantly reduce your expected annual mileage (assuming you are now working from home/not commuting). Doing so should reduce your premiums for the time being.

That's what I did. It saved me over $300. I'm insured with Tesla.

Insured with Geico. Their CEO sent an email yesterday to all their customers the they are giving a 15% credit to all auto and motorcycle policies that are renewing between April 8 2020 and October 7 2020. The email stated this 15% credit would also be applied to anyone getting a new auto policy with them during those dates.

Last edited:
Reactions: tren01t
Yeah I ended up googling it because I hadn’t heard anything from Progressive.
It's OK - at least we know that Safelite president and CEO Tom Feeney is greeting customers with a smile and a thumbs-up:

upload_2020-4-9_8-42-30.png

Wife had called MAPFRE/Commerce about a billing issue. They said we may qualify for a discount due to COVID and to reach out to our agent. We called our agent they said they had no idea, corporate usually informs them of any discounts. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wife had called MAPFRE/Commerce about a billing issue. They said we may qualify for a discount due to COVID and to reach out to our agent. We called our agent they said they had no idea, corporate usually informs them of any discounts. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

At least your agent responded. Been 3 days trying to get ours - just get recording that they "are busy helping other customers and will return your call as soon as possible". Which is kind of funny - them being busy - even at 11 PM. (small town)

Guess I could just go to his house and knock on his door.