Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance discount for COVID-19?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if they'll be able to track these "distancing deaths"
Where I’m at, no...they are much too disorganized. It’s very interesting honestly. Disappointing of course, but a learning experience for sure. Our ER is floating nurses and put a cap on the full time nurses to 20hrs a week. Instead of their usual 48+hrs. We are one of the highest % of diabetics Per capita in the nation. Double the national average per a study from 2016. Horrific heart disease as well. Sedentary lifestyle and bad diets will get ya.

• Informative
Reactions: focher and vickh
Where I’m at, no...they are much too disorganized. It’s very interesting honestly. Disappointing of course, but a learning experience for sure. Our ER is floating nurses and put a cap on the full time nurses to 20hrs a week. Instead of their usual 48+hrs. We are one of the highest % of diabetics Per capita in the nation. Double the national average per a study from 2016. Horrific heart disease as well. Sedentary lifestyle and bad diets will get ya.

Yes I've worked with Pima indians so I'm familiar. This will be a paradoxical response to distancing. More deaths to other reasons but that won't show up on any covid tracker.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
Just received this:

Dear Tesla Insurance Customer,

To help support our customers during these uncertain times, Tesla Insurance Services is providing you with a 20% credit for your March and April auto insurance payments.

We will automatically credit the card on your account most recently used for payment. No action is required on your part with credits issued automatically in the coming weeks.

If you have any questions, please contact us at (844) 348-3752.

Thank you,
Tesla Insurance Services

Just received this:

Dear Tesla Insurance Customer,

To help support our customers during these uncertain times, Tesla Insurance Services is providing you with a 20% credit for your March and April auto insurance payments.

We will automatically credit the card on your account most recently used for payment. No action is required on your part with credits issued automatically in the coming weeks.

If you have any questions, please contact us at (844) 348-3752.

Thank you,
Tesla Insurance Services

Just got the same email too, 20% is 20%, I will take it.

I received an email from Tesla insurance today. They will refund 20% March and April premium. Yeah.

I received that email too but then received an email saying my insurance was cancelled due to non-payment. It’s on autopsy and I looked at my account and they had just pulled the money from my CC so figured it was a glitch and all was well.

Well I just checked my transaction history and on the 17th they refunded that payment. Then charged it again on the 19th, refunded that and the same nonsense on the 21st. All are listed as pending though so I don’t know who I’m going to call first - bank or Tesla Ins. but coffee first.

I'm receiving a 25.7% credit from State Farm. I realize State Farm may not be the cheapest overall, but I have been with them for many years. I find their customer service to be outstanding and, most importantly, they really have come through when I have made claims in the past.

For those of you with Tesla insurance, what has your experience been like with their customer service? And for those of you who unfortunately have been in accidents and have made claims, what has Tesla insurance claim support been like?

Bumping this up since I have not received the promised Tesla Insurance credit.

I just called Tesla to inquire about the credit that was supposed to be provided in May.

They said that there has been delays but a credit of 20% should be provided to us by check for the months of March, April and now May. This should be sent out by the end of this week according to the rep.

I tried to lower my mileage.. but the rep recommended for me to wait until the credit comes since it may affect it? Something like that...

Eh.. Has anyone received the credit yet? Or had a similar experience?

Reactions: lUtriaNt
I tried to lower my mileage.. but the rep recommended for me to wait until the credit comes since it may affect it? Something like that...Eh..

I would lower the mileage regardless. I would have done it a while ago actually; and I did on my (Allstate) policy. I also raised my deductibles; for the time being anyway since I've prob driven 200 miles in the last 3 months.

Yes, he's correct it likely will lower your refund, but it should also lower your premium and by MORE than the amount of the refund.

Reactions: jasonanthony