Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance - Electric cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These are cheapest on the CTM for M3 LR, with 20k annual miles (personal, commuting and business use), 5 years no claims with company cars, 39 YO, no other cars and no other drivers, no convictions etc. Located in small, safe and calm town in midlands)

View attachment 760827

direct line, via Tesla page was ~900 annual.

Peugeot Insurance on the other hand, was ~650 on 7th of January. Then called on the phone and got 530 :) Aviva, on the other had, getting quote on their website, was just 2200 :D

I wish I had something even close to 400 though :D
Those include the olf Telematics Quotes 😇

My insurance will go up by £45 a year after the quote I just got from Admiral.

Currently with LV insuring a 2017 Disco Sport and a 2018 A3 e-tron I’m paying £645 a year and with Admiral swapping the disco for the MY it’s gone up to £699 a year.

Pleasantly surprised by the figures although the excess is quite a bit more.

• Helpful
Reactions: hairysteve
I've just been pleasently surprised by DirectLine. First time insuring my M3 last year at £850. This year £550 🤯🤯🤯🤯 I was preparing myself for the worst with everything going up. Granted I'm 28, Cheshire thought I'd be in the four figure digits again.

Funny to see SR+ is more expensive to insure than the LR
That must be why I didn't go through Compare the Meercats! That's presumably based on their "average" from the companies that they link with. There are some strange numbers there! A problem is that how to do you do an average on something like that ... if it's the mean, the mode or the median or some kind of mix? Pinch of salt required.

Their methodology section at the bottom gives some answers: March–May 2021 for 2021 plate models only, where ‘mean’ means average of “top five cheapest prices … where a consumed has clicked through”, with results out of the ordinary for smaller number of enquiries.

May simply hint that the Meercats aren’t a great comparison site for high-end EV drivers.