Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance for M3 [Trying to start a mega thread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Direct line - £500 compulsory excess, no voluntary excess, costing just over £500 with protected no claims included. Compared to some, feel I’ve got a really good deal. Currently with a different insurer so I will be a new customer - don’t know if that’s made a difference?

I’m with LV. LR AWD. Aged 60, 11 years NCD, 15k miles, garaged at night, Derbyshire, self & spouse - £398 with protected NCD, total excess £750.

I’m paying roughly 50% more for the Tesla than my previous Kona EV. Worth every penny :D

Direct Line were cheapest for me (not got car yet, picking up in a week but got a Direct Line quote ready to go).

£1,200 on a SR+, white, stock. Compulsory excess £500 and £250 voluntry.

Was about £600 but had another driver crash my current car, which almost doubled my premium and lost me 8 years no claims...wasn't even my fault.

32 years old, driving since 2005, never had an accident in my life. Never adding someone to my policy again. I hate insurance.

LV quoted £1,800 for same cover.

Admiral, my current insurer, were asking for an additional £2,400 for coverage from now until March 2020...and that was before the claim was made!

Always remember to take a look at cashback sites for the likes of car insurance, sometimes in the past I have been able to get £100 cashback when taking out a new policy, I tend to use Quidco and have been for years, but there are others.

If you aren't already on Quidco, please use my link and we each get a Brucey bonus :)

Join Quidco Now!

I have been with Quidco pretty much since they started many years ago and my total cashback is currently £3,121.66, yes over 3 thousand, much of that is with Insurance policies, Broadband and Mobile phone contracts, as they are the big payouts. Just this week I got £150 cashback when taking out an ISA with Scottish Friendly :)

LV which a few have mentioned, currently offering £38 when a new policy taken out.

Last edited:
Direct Line were cheapest for me (not got car yet, picking up in a week but got a Direct Line quote ready to go).

£1,200 on a SR+, white, stock. Compulsory excess £500 and £250 voluntry.

Was about £600 but had another driver crash my current car, which almost doubled my premium and lost me 8 years no claims...wasn't even my fault.

32 years old, driving since 2005, never had an accident in my life. Never adding someone to my policy again. I hate insurance.

LV quoted £1,800 for same cover.

Admiral, my current insurer, were asking for an additional £2,400 for coverage from now until March 2020...and that was before the claim was made!

I just got a additional.. £152 for adding the P+ to my insurance between now and March.

Makes me think they've misquoted me - total for the year £421. Just seems too cheap - but she confirmed the car twice...

LR AWD, 29 years old, 3 years NCB and Churchill offering me the best price (through Moneysupermarket) of £1142 but this price jumps all over the place, has been as high as £1600 and as low as £950.

Always remember to take a look at cashback sites for the likes of car insurance, sometimes in the past I have been able to get £100 cashback when taking out a new policy, I tend to use Quidco and have been for years, but there are others.

If you aren't already on Quidco, please use my link and we each get a Brucey bonus :)

Join Quidco Now!

I have been with Quidco pretty much since they started many years ago and my total cashback is currently £3,121.66, yes over 3 thousand, much of that is with Insurance policies, Broadband and Mobile phone contracts, as they are the big payouts. Just this week I got £150 cashback when taking out an ISA with Scottish Friendly :)

LV which a few have mentioned, currently offering £38 when a new policy taken out.

Not always the case.

Do a quote before without using cashbacksites - Get the figures, then go via cashbacksite and check it's the same.

Did a few years ago and Admiral were paying £75 for a new car policy. However, they simply were charging £75 more when you clicked via the cashback site (Quidco) that if you went direct.

Always quote twice - NEVER trust cashback sites. (I've made thousands from Topcashback so I'm no knocking it but always check)