Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance for Model 3 with PPF and Acceleration Boost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Morning

I would like to add AB to my PPF'd model 3 but having a bit of an issue finding a insurer that will cover both - i'm not looking to cover the cost of PPF.

Seems I can find insurance for one or the other, but is proving trickier with both.

Does anyone have a car with both and have both declared on their policy?

The insurance mega thread didn't seem to yield any results

AB generally doesn't seem to affect insurance although it is notifiable.. it's a manufacturer supplied upgrade. DL won't do PPF but not sure of others.
That must have changed then as I contacted DL in Mar 21 to notify them that I had added PPF to my car and there was no charge. I did check with DL prior to fitting and they advised that PPF is fine (but not wraps).

Now insured with Churchill with PPF declared.

I was indecisive on this today, but the live chat appeared when I was logged into Churchill so gave it a go, after spending a few mins to get back to me, they said I could get back in contact when I'm ready to get AB and they'll note it - so I told them to go ahead and do it now.
Got stuck on 'is there any change to the brake horse power', to which I replied 'that's an interesting question on an electric vehicle!' - response: 'Thank you for confirming that, I have noted that for you'

I took the approach that I'm just adding a software upgrade when asking if it could be noted...so, that might be the approach for anyone looking to add AB - took it for a quick drive...yeah it's noticeable, and not sure if I'm hearing things I didn't before but I'm sure I can hear the front motor more...maybe it's a horse escaping