Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance from Tesla vs. Bundled Homeowner's/Automobile

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And even more importantly, Umbrella Liability policy (for those of you kids who don't know what an umbrella policy is, it offers better protection than an LLC!).

So while pondering the possibility of using Tesla Insurance once it arrives in my state, I would like to know how my present insurer will view it in regards to my existing insurance, specifically my Umbrella Liability policy.

Any Tesla driving insurance brokers out there?

And even more importantly, Umbrella Liability policy (for those of you kids who don't know what an umbrella policy is, it offers better protection than an LLC!).

So while pondering the possibility of using Tesla Insurance once it arrives in my state, I would like to know how my present insurer will view it in regards to my existing insurance, specifically my Umbrella Liability policy.

Any Tesla driving insurance brokers out there?
Did you ever get an answer? Do you have Tesla Insurance with a different insurer Umbrella Policy?

We have AAA for Home, Wife's car (Audi), and Umbrella insurance. I have Tesla insurance for our Model Y. I called AAA and let them know we have a Tesla, with Tesla insurance, and how could we include this into our Umbrella Insurance. They noted this on our policy and increased our Umbrella insurance Premium a bit to include any incident that may include the Telsa (to be covered by Umbrella insurance if needed).

Reactions: sf_michael
We have AAA for Home, Wife's car (Audi), and Umbrella insurance. I have Tesla insurance for our Model Y. I called AAA and let them know we have a Tesla, with Tesla insurance, and how could we include this into our Umbrella Insurance. They noted this on our policy and increased our Umbrella insurance Premium a bit to include any incident that may include the Telsa (to be covered by Umbrella insurance if needed).
Thanks.