TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Insurance / GAP in North Carolina?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by dmcmillen, May 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. dmcmillen

dmcmillen Member

I am picking up my Model S today, and unfortunately found out that neither Tesla financing nor my insurance company (Ameriprise) offers GAP insurance in North Carolina.

Does anyone know of an insurance provider or third-party that offers GAP and is Tesla-friendly?

2. Red_DS

Red_DS Member

Technology Credit Union does. They also work with Tesla on financing. Although if you're picking up the car today, you might not be able to jump ship.

The other option would be to get new car replacement coverage through your insurance company. Depending on the insurance company it may be better than gap coverage (or worse) but thats what I ended up doing.

3. Jashev

Jashev Supporting Member

I have Liberty Mutual and they offer new car replacement within 12 months. I also have the replace with one model year newer vehicle coverage. Should cover your holes.