Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance in BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Noticed my original quote is for a Model3 75 4DR, switching it to a model3 50, makes it cheaper.
It won't let do the replacement cost plus online

This is what the online quote shows me.

Vehicle summary

Vehicle year/make/model: 2019 TESLA MODEL 3 50 4DRVehicle postal code: V7E3C4Vehicle immobilizer: Yes

Coverage description (quote is dated Thursday, May 30, 2019)
Effective date: Saturday, June 1, 2019
Expiry date: Sunday, May 31, 2020
Vehicle use: To/From work greater than 15km

Base coverage
Limit shown in excess of ICBC Primary $200,000 Limit: $1,800,000 Liability $162.81
Collision Coverage$387.66 Deductible: $1,000
Comprehensive Coverage$337.63Deductible: $500
Additional options
Preferred Driver Package$20.00
Replacement Cost$72.53
Valet Service$0.00
Emergency Expenses$0.00
Family Pet Protection$0.00
Lock Rekeying$0.00
Additional discounts
One Accident Forgiveness$0.00
Anti Theft Discount-$16.88

Subtotal $980.63
Total Additional Discount -$16.88
Total $963.75

I'm 26, but have only had my license from 2015 (grew up in a different country and didn't need one through university), so have 4 years of accident-free driving. Do I have any options other than ICBC? BCAA online says you need a minimum of 8 years. Is it the same for Belairdirect?

I'm 26, but have only had my license from 2015 (grew up in a different country and didn't need one through university), so have 4 years of accident-free driving. Do I have any options other than ICBC? BCAA online says you need a minimum of 8 years. Is it the same for Belairdirect?
Best to check with a simple call to belair, but most likely not, given your circumstance it might end up being more. That's the case with 3rd party insurance is you might be seen as higher risk than someone who's 35+ and 10-15 years of exp.

Reactions: sraza
This is my quote from BCAA. I have the max discount. I don't understand why it is high. Am I reading this correctly, that i have add Basic ICBC to this quote? Thanks

Vehicle year/make/model: 2019 TESLA MODEL 3 75 4DR

Base coverage
Limit shown in excess of ICBC Primary $200,000 Liability$216.33
Limit: $2,800,000
Collision Coverage$1,098.28
Deductible: $300
Comprehensive Coverage$1,260.22
Deductible: $300
Additional options
Preferred Driver Package$20.00
Replacement Cost$235.85
Emergency Expenses$0.00
Valet Service$0.00
Family Pet Protection$0.00
Lock Rekeying$0.00
Additional discounts
One Accident Forgiveness$0.00
Anti Theft Discount-$63.01
Mailing address
Address: , , ,Phone: () -
Subtotal $2,830.68
Member Discount -$257.48
Total Additional Discount -$63.01
Total $2,510.19

Yeah, mine was half that, though I didn't quote on Replacement Cost Plus.
Hard to compare insurance quotes. Even moving a few geographic blocks can raise your premium $20 - $30 or more per month. That’s with the same insurer as well. Different companies have wildly different rates depending on your situation and insurance/driving history. In general ICBC is the lowest for “high risk drivers”. Usually that means younger people, areas with high claims or people that don’t have history with insurance. Some insurers will refuse to provide insurance in some situations e.g history of impaired driving.

Model 3 50, 75 is the LR.

Here's my final insurance from BCAA, decided them over Belair. The online quick quote isn't that accurate.

To and from work >25km (V7E Postal Code)

$3mil
$500 Collision
$300 Comp
Preferred Driver Package (basically roadstar)
Replacement Cost Plus (Don't both with replacement cost)

$981

• Informative
Reactions: samk579

Here's my final insurance from BCAA, decided them over Belair. The online quick quote isn't that accurate.

I used Belair yesterday for my optional on a Prius. I was planning to use them for my M3 when it arrives. But the person on the phone said their replacement insurance was an 80% test. They wouldn’t sell a 50% test like the BCAA option. I’m not yet comfortable with a test of 89%.

To and from work >25km (V7E Postal Code)

$3mil
$500 Collision
$300 Comp
Preferred Driver Package (basically roadstar)
Replacement Cost Plus (Don't both with replacement cost)

$981

I just got the car yesterday and picked up the same package as you (though pleasure use, which takes it down to $920). Postal code V9S The agent told me specifically that Model 3 50 is the SR+ version, so I can confirm this too.

I just got the car yesterday and picked up the same package as you (though pleasure use, which takes it down to $920). Postal code V9S The agent told me specifically that Model 3 50 is the SR+ version, so I can confirm this too.

Do they follow DL address when getting BCAA insurance?
I was quoted $1344 (2.8M,300,300) without Replacement just for BCAA.

V5X
ICBC -16 level

As of June 2019, full discount, $1000 collision / $500 comprehensive / $1 mil liability for a LR AWD. This is without replacement insurance since I haven't got a quote from ICBC on that yet. Numbers are approximate, as the quotes and insurance papers are with my wife at work. A different postal code even a few blocks away can raise the BCAA quote by $700, I'm glad we moved a bit over a year ago.

All ICBC: ~$2450
ICBC Basic + BCAA w/ member discounts: $850 + $1500 = $2350

The LR AWD doesn't qualify as a "fuel efficient vehicle" under BCAA, while the other Model 3 configs do, and thus does not get an additional discount. The $100 difference is almost worth it to be able to only go through ICBC if anything happens, but that BCAA quote also includes $0 glass replacement deductible. Something I'm sure we'll use within 5 years given all our highway travel.

• Informative
Reactions: samk579