TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Insurance in Colorado

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Amykelly, May 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Amykelly

Amykelly Member

We took possession of our CPO in late March. We just got our first insurance bill (I swear this was not the number I was quoted when I called for an estimate before we bought). We have Geico, and they have been great & very competitive. We have $500 deductible for both collision and comprehensive. I do have 2 points on my license from a small fender-bender last year, but the car is in both my husband's & my name (he has no points). We are paying $2000 a year for the Tesla!! Just the collision is $1600. Is this normal??

2. Patrick W

Patrick W Active Member

That's even more than Allstate and they are usually the one mentioned in these forums as being pricey.

You might want to check with Progressive. That's who I'm with and have similar coverage for a lot lower premium.

3. theheff

theheff Member

Yes, that's completely normal for the area unfortunately. I have a clear record with no accidents (though I am 31) and my insurance is the same price as yours. I've shopped at literally every insurance company I could find and suffered so many calls/emails as a result. Progressive and Geico seem to be the two lowest options among other Tesla owners in the area.