TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Insurance in North Carolina

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by n2mb_racing, May 21, 2015.

Tags:
  1. n2mb_racing

n2mb_racing Member

Any recommendations for car insurance for a Roadster in North Carolina? It's time to shop around....

Thanks!

2. Cyclone

Cyclone Cyclonic Member ((.oO))

I am using Travelers from an agent locally. They were cheaper than Travelers quote from their website. Plus the office can write a named exclusion policy for my house rather than most offices doing named peril, so it worked out. I added my Model S to my current vehicle policy. After multi-car discount, my auto premium doubled, with 1/3 being my existing vehicle and 2/3 being the Model S. Not bad. I hoped my quote around and everyone else was a good bit higher except for State Farm that was 20$% cheaper. Surprised me that SF would be that much cheaper when I switched away from them b/c of how much more expensive they were when I moved to NC. Either way, I figure I can worry about it once the dust settles on getting my car since you can always terminate a policy early and get a prorated refund and thus, you can switch anytime you want.