Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance in North Carolina

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am using Travelers from an agent locally. They were cheaper than Travelers quote from their website. Plus the office can write a named exclusion policy for my house rather than most offices doing named peril, so it worked out. I added my Model S to my current vehicle policy. After multi-car discount, my auto premium doubled, with 1/3 being my existing vehicle and 2/3 being the Model S. Not bad. I hoped my quote around and everyone else was a good bit higher except for State Farm that was 20$% cheaper. Surprised me that SF would be that much cheaper when I switched away from them b/c of how much more expensive they were when I moved to NC. Either way, I figure I can worry about it once the dust settles on getting my car since you can always terminate a policy early and get a prorated refund and thus, you can switch anytime you want.

I had a not at fault claim for 2k on my Audi when someone backed into my car in Jan 2020 (only witness, no cameras or tag as registered by cop). Guess that’s still hurting me, I used to pay 350$ for 6 months for my car, now a paying 495$. Geico said it’s inflation. May be it’s not.