Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance: Is this possible?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same thing. I was with Allstate for 20 years. Have the house and everything else with them. Always had the cheapest car insurance and I would shop it every few years.

Ask for a quote on the MS - goes from $776 (2004 MDX and 2006 TL) every 6 months to $2150 every 6 (MS and MDX). Uh, no.

I checked with USAA as we bank there (You do NOT have to be military, but military gets better rates.) Went from $776 at Allstate to $850 for the MS and MDX at USAA.

I love you guys. I'm in Los Angeles where car insurance is the cost of a car payment... seriously. I am currently paying $340 a month for the Tesla and a 6 year old Infiniti FX35. That's considered cheap. State Farm wanted $500 a month. Every other insurer was just ridiculous. Progressive gave me some pretty ridiculously high quotes in the past but after seeing this thread I gave them another crack. $240 per month. That's awesome. $100 a month less than Geico.

I realize the majority of the US isn't used to seeing someone celebrate over a $240 a month premium but hey, it's the price we pay to live in paradise. Or at least that's what we tell ourselves when we cry into our pillows at night.