Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance. It is that time of the year again.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WOW!!!!!! I will go in and speak to them tomorrow!!! Would you be prepared to let me have your post code and whether your care is garaged or outside? Pm me if you like. I have 6 policies with them!! My XS is also 2000.
PM sent.
What is clear is that there is a large difference in premiums between the X and S. The X hasn’t been out as long so there is less of a claims history..or it could just be the doors
Last year when I was having my car detailed, there was a smash repairer across the road with a Model X.
It hade been side swiped and the Falcon wing door was twisted and the front door damaged.
My guy, the Detailer, so not the smash repairer himself, understood that it was close to a wright off.

For those that are interested, I just renewed the insurance for my 2015 P90 D with Suncorp. Suncorp finally have updated their system to include the P90 D model - prior to this it was labelled a P 80 5D ‘with extras’?

Full comprehensive cover and ‘new for old’ applies for the life of the vehicle. Windscreen and window glass covered plus unlimited hire car, if required. Garaged in Brisbane off street.

Excess - $1800; Cost $2321.

I just called them...

Agreed value to $200K, excess is $2300, total yearly cost is $12680.

WOW

just to be clear, i'm 36, no accidents, wife is 34, no accidents. can't believe the price....We are in Vic, but i don't think that would explain the $10,0000 price difference.

I just called them...

WOW

just to be clear, i'm 36, no accidents, wife is 34, no accidents. can't believe the price....We are in Vic, but i don't think that would explain the $10,0000 price difference.
Your suburb’s car theft history, and how you garage the car at night will both have a significant premium impact.

I just called them...

WOW

That’s the “we don’t want your business price”. Not worth even continuing a conversation with them. And frankly for that price no on on this forum should talk to them. This Tesla insurance thing is getting a little out of hand.

Reactions: Dborn
OK. Have finally settled on AAMI. They are allowing 120000 value but will go up to 134000 for my car. 2300 XS, all the extras unlimited car hire, choice of insurer, windscreen towing NCB protection all for just under 2000. I could have got it less by upping the XS.
The only one much cheaper was Budget direct, but they pulled out when they heard it was a signature car and would not even allow me to waive the colour paint and leather. They would otherwise have been a market value up to 97000 odd for an all in premium of 1250.
Nobody else seems to want our business, not Suncorp, Marsh advantage (Tesla insurance, actually QBE) or Allianz. (My broker). All
ridiculous at 3500 plus. Nor NRMA or CGU (same underwriter).
As has been pointed out above, there are actually very few underwriters, and it is mostly branding which differentiates the mobs.
It is like green slips. I believe one company is chosen each to bear the risk for that year and the others simply price them selves out of the market.

I’ve gone just over 80,000km with my 2016 S75D.

Technically it’s too late to get the extended warranty from redbook, but I’m wondering how they know what my odometer shows when I purchase the insurance?

I’m starting to regret not getting it, and wondering if I can stealthily just get it. It’s mkre for peace of mind than anything, as I hear the consumer law will probably cover me for next few years either way.

You may still be able to get it. From memory I think you can still be ok, but costs more. You need to read their PDS.
When I read it it just sounded like they had too many ways to refuse a claim.
I figured on probabilities, it is a waste of money.

I’ve gone just over 80,000km with my 2016 S75D.

Technically it’s too late to get the extended warranty from redbook, but I’m wondering how they know what my odometer shows when I purchase the insurance?

I’m starting to regret not getting it, and wondering if I can stealthily just get it. It’s mkre for peace of mind than anything, as I hear the consumer law will probably cover me for next few years either way.
I’ve asked tesla for odometer readings on past dates on several occasions. I presume they would never providenthat to a 3rd party though.....

Does anyone was able to get a discount for anti-theft discovery?

Tesla provides this service included with the "Wifi and Mobile Connectivity"
but insurrances request a copy of a subscription such as BMW Connect.

The only Tesla document showing it is the Monroney window sticker.

I went with QBE for $2169.31 last month.
S75D agreed value $120,530.00.

Funny thing is that QBE underwrites InsureMyTesla, but they are usually cheaper.
I should look into CGU next year, seems you guys got some good deals.

QBE seem dodgy to me now, back in July this year coming up to my renewal they sent me this instead of a renewal:

Thanks for choosing us to take care of your car insurance. We appreciate it, but need to make you aware of a change that will affect you.

Whilst we’ve previously covered high-value cars like yours, we’ve recently decided to withdraw from the prestige market. It means we’re no longer insuring prestige vehicles and so will not be sending you an offer to renew.

forcing me to find a new insurer (which turned out fine, RACV were cheaper with better options) but clearly they weren't honest and now I want to know why.

QBE seem dodgy to me now, back in July this year coming up to my renewal they sent me this instead of a renewal:

forcing me to find a new insurer (which turned out fine, RACV were cheaper with better options) but clearly they weren't honest and now I want to know why.
Is your car more expensive than my S75D? Maybe they are pulling out of anything over a certain price?
I can understand they decided to quit the prestige market, but then strange they insured me in Oct.