Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance. It is that time of the year again.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ex demo p100d with new replacement agreement with tax insured for $896 premium and $700 excess with RAC in Jan. I think I benefited from a computer bug because 3rd party duef and theft cost twice as much as fully comprehensive.

Wonder what kind of increase I will see 11 months from now?!

P.s. I'm 36, have not owned a car in 7 years and am from Perth

Ex demo p100d with new replacement agreement with tax insured for $896 premium and $700 excess with RAC in Jan. I think I benefited from a computer bug because 3rd party duef and theft cost twice as much as fully comprehensive.

Wonder what kind of increase I will see 11 months from now?!

P.s. I'm 36, have not owned a car in 7 years and am from Perth
Sounds like a significant error, although maybe those in the west are more careful than the rest of the country

Hi all,

Just thought i'd share this with you guys.
I'm in Melbourne, Victoria. I have just put in an order for a MX75D 7 seater in white. It was inventory stock as the 75s are obviously discontinued. Recent price drop aside, i'm still fairly happy with this purchase although i haven't received delivery yet.

Anyway, looked around for insurance and cheapest insurance and I got a quote from Huddle (underwritten by Hollards) for $1600 inc GST with a $1500 excess and limited to 12,000 km per year. If I need more KM i can purchase more later. There is an unlimited KM option but I didn't bother to check that. Also got excess free windscreen replacement.

I am 38 YO, Male, no accidents in last 3 years, car is garaged, financed and agree value of $130k. To clarify, the 130k agreed value is required as if you write off the car within 2 years they will either give you new car or $130k. I guess because the 75 is discontinued they will give me $130k because they definitely won't be upgrading me to a 100D lol

I had quite a bit of trouble finding insurance for this car before I found Huddle. AAMI quoted $2300 and I was about to go with them. Dawes (via Marsh Advantage/InsureMyTesla) wanted $6000. Allianz and RACV wanted $2800.

If you guys are looking for cheap rate, try Huddle. Obviously, read the PDS to decide if the product is right for you. Disclaimer, I don't work for Huddle or Hollards, but just sharing my experience.

Oh they also have a referral program. If you guys do join, please use my referral code for $25 off.

Moderators Note: Referral codes of any type are not permitted. This one has been deleted.

Cheers!

Reactions: paulp and PJF000
Hi all,

I'm in Melbourne, Victoria. I have just put in an order for a MX75D 7 seater in white. It was inventory stock as the 75s are obviously discontinued. Recent price drop aside, i'm still fairly happy with this purchase although i haven't received delivery yet.

Anyway, looked around for insurance and cheapest insurance and I got a quote from Huddle (underwritten by Hollards) for $1600 inc GST with a $1500 excess and limited to 12,000 km per year. If I need more KM i can purchase more later. There is an unlimited KM option but I didn't bother to check that. Also got excess free windscreen replacement.

I am 38 YO, Male, no accidents in last 3 years, car is garaged, financed and agree value of $130k. To clarify, the 130k agreed value is required as if you write off the car within 2 years they will either give you new car or $130k. I guess because the 75 is discontinued they will give me $130k because they definitely won't be upgrading me to a 100D lol

I had quite a bit of trouble finding insurance for this car before I found Huddle. AAMI quoted $2300 and I was about to go with them. Dawes (via Marsh Advantage/InsureMyTesla) wanted $6000. Allianz and RACV wanted $2800.

If you guys are looking for cheap rate, try Huddle. Obviously, read the PDS to decide if the product is right for you. Disclaimer, I don't work for Huddle or Hollards, but just sharing my experience.

Oh they also have a referral program. If you guys do join, please use my referral code for $25 off.

huddle.com.au/free-insurance/KENNETHF71

Cheers!
Do you know who the underwriter is?

What annoys me, I signed up with CGU, when it comes up for renewal mid this year i'm going to loose my new for old replacement deal. Most Insurance companies will only do new for old if you've had the car from new and insured with them the whole time.
I was reliably informed yesterday that CGU will continue to insure current policy holders, they just wont be taking any new business. No significant price increase is anticipated.

Hi all,

huddle.com.au/free-insurance/KENNETHF71

Cheers!

I don't think that referral code counts.
The issue was with Tesla referral codes - which are no longer valid as that program has been stopped.
Maybe Mods should amend

Do you know who the underwriter is?

Hollards.
I’m actually with Real insurance (underwritten by Hollards too) for home contents and they’ve been pretty good come claim time.

Doesn’t look like their is choice of repaired with Huddle, but according to the PDS (as I understand it) they do accept quotes from your choice of repairer and they will decide who to send the car to.

I was reliably informed yesterday that CGU will continue to insure current policy holders, they just wont be taking any new business. No significant price increase is anticipated.

I've been told that at the end on my policy period I would need to find a new insurance company. So while I am covered until the end of July after that its up to me.

Guess we'll see. I hope you are right though.

My market value Model X P100D renewal came in from NRMA.

Despite using market value and a significant reduction in market value (another year + Tesla's pricing being in free fall):
  • For a renewal with "any repairer" enabled - like it was last year - it's 23% higher: $3,630
  • For a renewal with "NRMA repairer" it's still 12% higher: $3,306
We are low risk. Garaged overnight, < 5,000 Km per year, 40 year old drivers with perfect insurance + licenses, 17.5% loyalty discount etc.

Anyone found a better option? A 23% hike for the same type of policy seems ridiculous.

Yes, CGU will continue to cover existing policy holders. Received my CGU renewal today - price has increased 100% over last year. I'd call that significant, so will be looking elsewhere.

Yes, CGU will continue to cover existing policy holders. Received my CGU renewal today - price has increased 100% over last year. I'd call that significant, so will be looking elsewhere.
That's interesting. I am with CGU till Nov. and they said they won't be renewing when the term expires. I was going to wait and see because I believe you can object and win a renewal if you have had no claims. Of course, they have a right to increase the premiums, but it may be arguable if it is an unreasonable increase.

That's interesting. I am with CGU till Nov. and they said they won't be renewing when the term expires. I was going to wait and see because I believe you can object and win a renewal if you have had no claims. Of course, they have a right to increase the premiums, but it may be arguable if it is an unreasonable increase.
Thats why I use a very good broker. CGU do not want to upset him, he’s worth way more to them then my tesla insurance, and because he looks after all of my assets he works hard for me. The advice I’ve recieved is that CGU will continue to insure my assets and there wont be any significant price change. Will have certainty on that in september.

Thats why I use a very good broker. CGU do not want to upset him, he’s worth way more to them then my tesla insurance, and because he looks after all of my assets he works hard for me. The advice I’ve recieved is that CGU will continue to insure my assets and there wont be any significant price change. Will have certainty on that in september.
I have trouble keeping a good broker. All I want is Tesla and funeral insurance ... they seem to run a mile

Reactions: Hovean