Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance On Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Currently with Metro Mile insurance. 100/300 coverage in california$60.00 per month plus $.09 per mile. I don't drive that musch so it averages out to around $100.00 for a 2016 model S 90D.

Everything is based on how much you drive, so if you drive less than 200 miles a week you could save money over your traditiona insurance policy. Here's my referral code if you're interested.

Last edited:
Currently with Metro Mile insurance. 100/300 coverage in california$60.00 per month plus $.09 per mile. I don't drive that musch so it averages out to around $100.00 for a 2016 model S 90D.

Everything is based on how much you drive, so if you drive less than 200 miles a week you could save money over your traditiona insurance policy. Here's my referral code if you're interested.

I currently use metromile as well. my quote is higher. Problem is their device in OBDII causes OTA updates to fail, which is annoying.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
I'll be paying $240 per month for full coverage, glass, and $500 deductible on a 2014 P85D. My current Nissan Leaf has the same coverage and costs $150 per month for comparison. Im 26, single, and have a few incidents on record. I cant seem to get a good price on my premium no matter what...

I contacted metromile but they said they couldn't cover my P85D since it had an original MSRP over $100K (even though it is worth less now). Did you have any trouble with this?

Yikes idk how you could ever consider an insurance company that charges you per mile...insane. Check out progressive, 100/300 coverage for a 2014 S85 is $68 a month with GAP. No incidents in my history, 27yo single male in Phoenix. This is cheaper than my Ford Fusion Energi cost to insure. I do realize it is different for everyone though and every company is different, hell I had State Farm try to quote me $3500 per year to insure a S85. They were out of their damn mind, I actually laughed at the agent over the phone..he didnt like that. :p