Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance premiums for the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been insured with 21st Century for many years. But they have been raising my rates quite a bit lately. So I shopped around and went with Progressive and saved a lot of money. Unfortunately, it was hard for me to cancel with 21st Century. The only way to cancel with them is to send an email. But they never responded to my email. So I will have double coverage for a couple of months until my 21 Century coverage runs its course.

I recommend no less than $300K/500K/100K liability insurance, with uninsured motorists coverage for the same. You may also decide to get an umbrella policy to cover up to $1M for auto/home/boats.

Get quotes for the various levels of liability, and deductibles for comprehensive & collision. You may find that higher liability coverage is not much more than basic coverage, and that you can save quite a bit with a $250-500 deductible.

I'm in Los Angeles and awaiting delivery of a P3D- (Stealth). I'm 52 with a spotless driving record. Been driving since age 16. What kind of rates can I expect from Tesla or what would be some great carriers to compare against?

Los Angeles insurance for the M3 almost needs its own thread since we pay so much more here. ><

I'm in Los Angeles and awaiting delivery of a P3D- (Stealth). I'm 52 with a spotless driving record. Been driving since age 16. What kind of rates can I expect from Tesla or what would be some great carriers to compare against?

Los Angeles insurance for the M3 almost needs its own thread since we pay so much more here. ><
Mine is insured with Tesla. about 110 a month. How did you get a P3D- btw? do we offer it again?

Reactions: Spacep0d
Mine is insured with Tesla. about 110 a month. How did you get a P3D- btw? do we offer it again?

Hi there need! Oh man I just noticed your username, lol. Just so I'm speaking the right language here, the P3D- is the AWD Stealth Performance without the PUP, right? That's the one I'm talking about.

I guess there was one locally so the Tesla agent with whom I spoke asked me if I wanted it and I did! Same price as the P as you know, but I see some advantages in not having to change out the wheels, keeping the full potential range, paying a bit less for tires, and looking a bit lower profile or 'stealthy', if you will.

Thanks for that insurance pricing! Very reasonable I think.

Hi there need! Oh man I just noticed your username, lol. Just so I'm speaking the right language here, the P3D- is the AWD Stealth Performance without the PUP, right? That's the one I'm talking about.

I guess there was one locally so the Tesla agent with whom I spoke asked me if I wanted it and I did! Same price as the P as you know, but I see some advantages in not having to change out the wheels, keeping the full potential range, paying a bit less for tires, and looking a bit lower profile or 'stealthy', if you will.

Looks like some stealth inventory popping up again (Tesla is famous for randomly losing inventory cars from what i've seen) or supply issues with the stock boat anchors again if a newer build.

Paying $150/mo for 500K/500 deductibles across the board. Started off as $130 but Geico likes to play the boil you alive slowly game with rates. Notably, our X is only $20/mo more than the P3D.

Reactions: Spacep0d
I have been insured with 21st Century for many years. But they have been raising my rates quite a bit lately. So I shopped around and went with Progressive and saved a lot of money. Unfortunately, it was hard for me to cancel with 21st Century. The only way to cancel with them is to send an email. But they never responded to my email. So I will have double coverage for a couple of months until my 21 Century coverage runs its course.
Call, followed by a certified letter

Reactions: Dmagyar
If this helps anyone in Los Angeles county, I just got insurance through Tesla. Default coverage (not the minimum), $128 a month, unmarried/single penalty*, 36 years driving, clean record.

*In Massachusetts and the European Union, vehicle insurance companies are no longer allowed to discriminate on the basis of marital status, so I doubt this unmarried penalty will last too much longer. It's surprising that it's lasted this long.

• Funny
Reactions: SageBrush

Oh I thought you got the P3D- with AWD long range price like they did back to 2019

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC