Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance Question: Proof of anti-theft/tracking device

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just changed insurance companies and there is a discount if you have anti-theft/tracking devices. I know my MX has both with Sentry and Tracking but my insurance company is looking for "proof" and lists the original sticker or purchase documents as means to supply the documentation. What did you provide to your insurance company. I can't find any mention of any anti-theft or tracking on my original sticker or purchase documents.--What did you give your insurance company?

I just changed insurance companies and there is a discount if you have anti-theft/tracking devices. I know my MX has both with Sentry and Tracking but my insurance company is looking for "proof" and lists the original sticker or purchase documents as means to supply the documentation. What did you provide to your insurance company. I can't find any mention of any anti-theft or tracking on my original sticker or purchase documents.--What did you give your insurance company?

There won't be anything on the original sticker. Send them the following:

1) MX Owners Manual, highlight the section under the Mobile App. It'll state "Locate Model X with directions, or track its movement across a map."
2) Screenshot of your mobile app with your VIN and Location
3) Screenshot with the map location details

I bought mine before Sentry mode, so you can certainly highlight that too.

Reactions: Tam