Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello!

My current car insurance is about to expire at the end of this month and i haven’t heard any deliver update for my order yet (doubt it’ll receive delivery before end of August either).

Anyone have suggestions what i should do?

Don't let insurance coverage lapse.

Are you switching insurance providers? If not, then the provider will simply reprice your policy once you notify them of the vehicle change. Monthly Payments will be adjusted for the remainder of the policy period. If you pay in full, you will owe any difference (or refund due to you if overpaid).

If you are changing companies. Policies can be canceled at any time. If you're paying month to month, just cancel before you're next payment is due. If paid in full, the company will prorate and refund you the unused portion. Be sure to have new policy with new company effective the day BEFORE you cancel with the old company to avoid a lapse. Remember, everything you do regarding insurance is logged in your CLUE report which is checked by every major insurance company. Lapse can cost you hundreds...

• Informative
Reactions: ejkcy25
Don't let insurance coverage lapse.

Are you switching insurance providers? If not, then the provider will simply reprice your policy once you notify them of the vehicle change. Monthly Payments will be adjusted for the remainder of the policy period. If you pay in full, you will owe any difference (or refund due to you if overpaid).

If you are changing companies. Policies can be canceled at any time. If you're paying month to month, just cancel before you're next payment is due. If paid in full, the company will prorate and refund you the unused portion. Be sure to have new policy with new company effective the day BEFORE you cancel with the old company to avoid a lapse. Remember, everything you do regarding insurance is logged in your CLUE report which is checked by every major insurance company. Lapse can cost you hundreds...

Exactly what I was wondering, thank you so much!

I had good luck with jerry.ai (I don't think I can post links but that is the link of the insurance website).
No spam, everything done through the app or text messages. Multiple companies for me to choose from, definitely recommend it!

When we went from two cars down to one for the time being, my agent suspended the policy for the SUV we no longer have while keeping coverage in place for the other car. That way, we're not paying for two cars, but also don't lose the multi-car discount.