Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery is scheduled for next Friday.....I'm working to update my insurance policy, and Liberty Mutual web site asks some questions that are difficult for me to answer, because Tesla doesn't really list a detailed spec sheet for the 3. Can you guys help me here:

I'm getting a LR AWD M3 with 19" rims.......no EAP. With respect to theft, does it have:

anti-theft active disabling?
anti-theft audible alarm?
anti-theft passive disabling?
anti-theft vehicle recovery device?

I'm thinking without a key and ignition, this car is difficult to start up? Also, with GPS, you always know where it is, so how does a thief disable the GPS? This could be considered a method of recovery, right?

Does it have anti-lock brakes? I'm assuming yes, do any cars not have anti-lock brakes??
If yes, are they 2 wheel or 4 wheel anti-lock brakes?

With respect to safety, does my car have:

Adaptive cruise control? I assume no as I don't have Enhanced Auto-Pilot.
Blind Spot Warning? I assume yes because I should still be able to see this on panel screen.
Collision prep system? This means I get an alarm or something similar when I will hit someone in front of me.
Electronic stability control? I assume yes.
Lane departure warning? I assume no, this would come with EAP.
Driver alertness? I assume no.

thanks ahead!!

Collision prep I'd assume is emergency braking- yes you have it.... same with lane departure (EAP not required)

Every car since like 2013 has been required to have ABS (it's 4 wheel)

I'd certainly consider the ability to find the car with the app a recovery device

anti-theft active disabling? - Not sure, you can use the app to lock doors and restrict speed, but I don't think there's any way to disable the car once they are in it and driving.
anti-theft audible alarm? - Yes
anti-theft passive disabling? - Don't know
anti-theft vehicle recovery device? - Yes

Does it have anti-lock brakes? I'm assuming yes, do any cars not have anti-lock brakes??
If yes, are they 2 wheel or 4 wheel anti-lock brakes? - Yes, 4 wheel ABS

With respect to safety, does my car have:

Adaptive cruise control? I assume no as I don't have Enhanced Auto-Pilot. - Only with Enhanced Autopilot
Blind Spot Warning? I assume yes because I should still be able to see this on panel screen. - Yes
Collision prep system? This means I get an alarm or something similar when I will hit someone in front of me. - Yes
Electronic stability control? I assume yes. - Yes
Lane departure warning? I assume no, this would come with EAP. - Yes, all Autopilot safety features are free
Driver alertness? I assume no. - Only with Enhanced Autopilot

I'd list yes for all those. Teslas are very hard to steal. Passive disabling is probably something like having a chip on your car key. I'd say Tesla's setup exceeds that.

Edit. Can Tesla turn a car off remotely? Even if they can't the fact that you can remotely shut the car off should fit that requirement.