Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance quotes for Australian M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2019-9-8_21-8-26.png

Just got my RACWA quote for SR+, $625 annual premium, with $600 excess for $72,000 agreed value.
Premium includes no claim bonus protection.
Pleasantly surprised , was expecting something over $1500 as haven't had car insurance in nearly 10 years.

Why don’t you trust CommInsure?

Has anyone used them and had to claim?
I don't really know for sure but reading them it seems you get what you pay for in terms of service, lots of bad stories around and issues with claims (there is likely to be with any big insurer, so hard to say for sure they are worse, but from various reading it seems like it to me). And they don't allow choice of repairer, which concerns me. My crash repairer mate didn't recommend them but couldn't say much about them as he hadn't dealt with them much, presumably because his shop isn't is their 'network' or owned by them.

• Informative
Reactions: m4rtin
And they don't allow choice of repairer, which concerns me. My crash repairer mate didn't recommend them but couldn't say much about them as he hadn't dealt with them much, presumably because his shop isn't is their 'network' or owned by them.

Strange, goes against the quote I've got. It says 'Choose your own repairer'.

The below is with $1700 excess and glass cover added. Performance. Market value (2 years new for old replacement).

2019-09-11_16-34-25.png

When I checked with RACV, they confirmed that the 'Market Value' policy provides new for old replacement during the first 2 years of ownership. If the car cannot be repaired, they will replace it with the a new car of the same model. If the model has been updated, then the replacement will be a new car of the updated version. If the car is discontinued, then they will try to find an equivalent, but if no equivalent exists they will pay out based on market value at time of accident considering age mileage etc.

Basically, you will get a new car and will only be left out of pocket if Tesla stops making the Model 3 within the next 2 years.

The insurance premium quote was a couple of hundred dollars cheaper at Market Value vs Agreed Value (at total cost including GST, LCT, delivery fee, etc.) Personally, I am planning to go with Market Value for the first 2 years then reassess the premium differential at that point again.