Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance quotes for Australian M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a quote for my model 3 sr+ insurance from Shannon's $1286. But they said not covering the glass roof ?
Anyone else come across this. I might need to shop around.

I only pay about $25 per month more than you which is for a Model 3 Permance with RACV....it includes glass cover (including roof), new for old on the first 2 years....I put my excess up to $2,000 and haven't selected the hire car option....I am a Rating 1.

Mine includes choice of repairer also....I just decided to not include the hire car option....sounds like we got a similar deal....
The difference of adding a hire car was less than $60 and it just meant I would have peace of mind if something unforeseen was to happen.. especially after reading the issues with panel beaters and glass repairers for Tesla I thought better to be safe than sorry.

The difference of adding a hire car was less than $60 and it just meant I would have peace of mind if something unforeseen was to happen.. especially after reading the issues with panel beaters and glass repairers for Tesla I thought better to be safe than sorry.

indeed, it can take MONTHS to get a new glass panel. My rear windscreen got damaged by a roadtrain and I drove around with the cracked glass (double laminated) for over 2 months before a replacement arrived.

Got the email from Tesla this morning about their collaboration with Poncho.
Went through the quote process and it's more than I pay with CBA, though some differences.

M3P MSM with FSD
Poncho: $165 pm, $800 excess, includes windscreen and transport cover

With CBA I pay $121 pm, $1200 excess, windscreen, no hire car cover
CBA cover with similar excess and inclusions looks quite close to Poncho price

Link to the CBA combo prices I shared earlier in this thread: Insurance quotes for Australian M3?

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 10.24.48 am.png

this is the email, for those that were interested but didn't get one

I am expecting my 3LR next week (in Brisbane this week). Some insurers are asking if mine is MY21 or MY21 UPDATE. I have contacted my sales person to ask (as I can't find anything in my account etc) but haven't yet go a reply. Does anyone know whether the 3LRs arriving in Brisbane are MY21 or MY21 UPDATE?

I am expecting my 3LR next week (in Brisbane this week). Some insurers are asking if mine is MY21 or MY21 UPDATE.
It would have to be MY21 UPDATE. There's nothing more updated yet than what's arriving on the boats now.

MY21 would refer just to the small number of Fremont-sourced cars after the "chrome delete" and heatpump changes, but before the MIC deliveries started (more interior changes, LFP battery for the SR+).

Reactions: Greg Liz
Anyone gone with Poncho? I'm with shannons and have been for many years but Poncho is almost half my shannons bill! The only obvious difference is no choice of repairer for Poncho whereas shannons does
I haven't had any claims/fines in a decade.

Anyone gone with Poncho? I'm with shannons and have been for many years but Poncho is almost half my shannons bill! The only obvious difference is no choice of repairer for Poncho whereas shannons does
I haven't had any claims/fines in a decade.
Just watch the amount that Poncho tries to insure you for. If you paid 90ish for the LR and Poncho only want to ensure you for 70...thats a problem I believe a few folks are having and something to be mindful of.

im paying 1700 for Perf Model 3 with the whole lot - glass cover, hire car, new for old for 2 years and choice of repairer. My excess is $2000.
Is this with Shannons?

Last edited: