Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance quotes for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When shopping for Insurance what questions should i be asking or more importantly what should i be looking for in a policy?

Collision damage, liability ...deductible amount i choose. I've seen a post regarding "waiver of depreciation which is something i've never heard of before.

When shopping for Insurance what questions should i be asking or more importantly what should i be looking for in a policy?

Collision damage, liability ...deductible amount i choose. I've seen a post regarding "waiver of depreciation which is something i've never heard of before.

All Ontario benefits haver certain (minimun accident benefits) by virtue of being insured. However, these benefits have largely been eroded since September 2010 as a part fo the Liberals grand plan to reduce insurance premiums, so while you coverages have been taken away, your premiums have stayed pretty consistent.

So, you may want to ask about purchasing optional benefits, if they are important to you. Here are some examples...

Standard Accident Benefits pay to a maximum of $400/week if you are injured an can't work. You can buy increased coverage for $600, $800 or $1,000 per week if you think you need it.

You can also purchase optional coverage for things like housekeeping and a care giver benefit, if applicable. These use to be standard pre recent legislative changes, but right now you can only get those coverages if you buy optional benefits (or if you are catastrophically impaired after an accident).

My Model 3 insurance through State Farm was very reasonable, about $6.50 a month more than my old 2013 Leaf was. It’s actually cheaper to insure than my Kia Soul EV was. I was shocked.

I have homeowner and motorcycle policies on the same account and a perfect driving record FWIW.

I worry how much it'll be for me. I tried doing using insurancehotline website and the difference between using my Newmarket and Scarborough/Toronto as my address was 1200 difference. (2800 vs. 1600)....ugh. I need a VIN so i can start comparison shop ASAP. lol

My Model 3 insurance through State Farm was very reasonable, about $6.50 a month more than my old 2013 Leaf was. It’s actually cheaper to insure than my Kia Soul EV was. I was shocked.

I have homeowner and motorcycle policies on the same account and a perfect driving record FWIW.
Just got a quote from State Farm Insurance. It was the most expensive so far.

I should have a large list of quotes coming soon to share

I’m already with Aviva for everything except my Harley (TD Meloche Monnex) so probably stay with them. Currently pay $900 with extra medical benefits for a ‘14 Escape Titanium. Retired, no commute and out of town.

Are you guys updating your Tesla account with the current insurance information? Or are you leaving that portion blank for now?

I have seen some people enter their current cars insurance card/info on there.

Just called my current insurer, belairdirect, for a quote on Model 3. Live in downtown Toronto, 15,000 km/yr. I currently pay $1,570/yr for my Volt.

Model 3 quote is $2,149, an increase of $579/yr for me. Agent on the phone explained that while Teslas have great accident ratings (less injuries), the vehicle damage statistics show that repair costs are very high.

I pay approx. $600/yr on gas with my Volt, so looks like that money will profit insurance companies vs. petrol companies now...

• Informative
Reactions: Falkirk and pmich80
a
Just called my current insurer, belairdirect, for a quote on Model 3. Live in downtown Toronto, 15,000 km/yr. I currently pay $1,570/yr for my Volt.

Model 3 quote is $2,149, an increase of $579/yr for me. Agent on the phone explained that while Teslas have great accident ratings (less injuries), the vehicle damage statistics show that repair costs are very high.

I pay approx. $600/yr on gas with my Volt, so looks like that money will profit insurance companies vs. petrol companies now...

Maybe it's time to shop around. That sucks though.. I think i'm in the same boat. I live in Markham/Scarborough area which is a high accident zone so if i can get under $150 a month i'll be happy.

That is pretty much BS since the Model 3 has a large percentage of it being made of steel. They are using data from the S & X to make that decision and it's incorrect for the Model 3, especially since repair costs are completely unknown to insurance companies right now. Shop around.

Reactions: Amandeep and 03DSG

I have a list coming out shortly.. but yes..

Im with Belair too and they want to increase my insurance by $475/year.

I will be changing companies.

Also.. they tried to use that same BS excuse on me too.

The reality is that since Model 3 is new, they are using Model S/X data as a comparison. Agree that with higher steel components Model 3 should (hopefully) be cheaper to repair.

I've started compiling a quotes list of my own, and unfortunately they are all $2,000/yr or above so far. Yikes.

• Informative
Reactions: pmich80