Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance quotes for the Tesla MS in the UK.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a price from LV= of £450 (+9-years NCD, 2 drivers over 60, rural). They require a tracker but are not strict about the type - I had a 'Chat' as follows:

Q. I have a quotation for insurance of a Tesla Model s, for which you require that a tracker be fitted. Must it be a particular tracker?

A. We don't recommend what make of Tracker is fitted, however if it meets the definition of 'a electronic system fitted to a vehicle which enables the owner or a third party to track the vehicle's location' then it's fine. All security and tracking devices should be active and in full working order and a network subscription, for any tracking device which we insist is fitted to the car, must be current and operable.

Q.So you don't specify a category of tracker - 5, 6, 7 etc?

A.That's right, we don't specify what type.

I was told yesterday by a Tesla delivery man that they are working on getting their tracker approved by Thatcham.

I have just bought my Tesla delivery this month (Showroom Model). LV, NFU and M&S refused to quote. I tried Home & Legacy £959.

Finally got to speak to a Tesla rep who tole me to speak to Direct line who they are now in partnership with £466! age 62, 9years NCD great postcode.

The only thing I have to check is that the battery is covered.

• Informative
Reactions: Mark77a
I have just bought my Tesla delivery this month (Showroom Model). LV, NFU and M&S refused to quote. I tried Home & Legacy £959.

Finally got to speak to a Tesla rep who tole me to speak to Direct line who they are now in partnership with £466! age 62, 9years NCD great postcode.

The only thing I have to check is that the battery is covered.

That sounds very reasonable. Please let us know the outcome re the battery.

just renewed at £800 with NFU - good insurer but wish I'd known about the Tesla link with Direct Line.

Why don't they email us with info on partnerships such as this, it's not as though they don't have our details.
Another example of Tesla UK missing opportunities to build the brand and support their clients?

A number of experiences I have had with Tesla UK really make me think they urgently need to up their game.

I got a price from LV= of £450 (+9-years NCD, 2 drivers over 60, rural). They require a tracker but are not strict about the type - I had a 'Chat' as follows:

Q. I have a quotation for insurance of a Tesla Model s, for which you require that a tracker be fitted. Must it be a particular tracker?

A. We don't recommend what make of Tracker is fitted, however if it meets the definition of 'a electronic system fitted to a vehicle which enables the owner or a third party to track the vehicle's location' then it's fine. All security and tracking devices should be active and in full working order and a network subscription, for any tracking device which we insist is fitted to the car, must be current and operable.

Q.So you don't specify a category of tracker - 5, 6, 7 etc?

A.That's right, we don't specify what type.

I was told yesterday by a Tesla delivery man that they are working on getting their tracker approved by Thatcham.
but does it not matter that you are already tracked BY Tesla and can access that info if need be? that was my understanding -am I wrong? anyone confirm or otherwise

but does it not matter that you are already tracked BY Tesla and can access that info if need be? that was my understanding -am I wrong? anyone confirm or otherwise

You are correct, Tesla's Mothership knows where you are. Unfortunately the insurance world only understands Thatcham systems which aren't compatible with Teslas . Tesla are apparently working with Thatcham but that's ongoing.

• Informative
Reactions: cheshire cat
Insurance update:

40 something yr old, no convictions, 8yrs NCB, parked on the street in a good neighbourhood of London.

· Admiral – to add to existing insurance ~1800 per yr (that’s an increase over current insurance!)

· Direct line – quoted about 1500 per yr all in

Home and Legacy – nothing on their system yet

Churchill – same company as direct line

AON - won’t quote for anyone doing more than 10k miles/yr

No joy from LV, Comparethemarket, confused, moneysupermarket, gocompare

Just had three quotes for the model S 60D that i am picking up tomorrow. I have attached a PDF of a comparison, as the excesses vary considerably from company to company. LV= came out slightly the cheapest at 555.17, next Direct Line at 573.10 and First Point at 968.38. All fully comp, 9 years NCB, 25,000 miles /annum SD&P

Attachments

• Insurance comparisons.pdf
    56.3 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: Tanflado