TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Insurance Quotes

Discussion in 'Florida' started by stefanp, Mar 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

it was. I corrected it. It was with my Tesla and Progressive was the carrier.

2. Bebop

Bebop Active Member

Interesting how most everyone here goes through Progressive.

I'm also on Progressive for my new Model S. Good price compared to other companies.

• Like x 1
  3. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

Could it possibly be that some Progressive senior executives have Teslas?
    I do not know, but I do know personal vehicle ownership within auto insurers underwriting/marketing/claims executives does influence underwriting practices.

The new Progressive CEO is Tricia Griffith who has led the company to expand the customer relationships across multiple lines. Part of that appears to be a decided effort to use upscale auto policies to help cross sell into lucrative home and other covers in upscale dwellings. There is evidence that the strategy has been succeeding, and that is why Ms. Griffith was made CEO in mid-2016. realistically the increased efforts to cross-sell upscale customers are likely to be the biggest pro-Tesla influences, such as they may be.

Tesla interests among executives can only help if they exist.

it would be very interesting to know about Tesla ownership among insurance executives anyway.

4. GoCanes

GoCanes Member

Thanks for the recommendation to look at Progressive. After State Farm raised the premium on my MX for the second year in a row, I shopped our auto policies at Progressive. Progressive gave us a price covering both my X & my wife's Lexus hybrid at the same policy limits offered by State Farm that was 60% of State Farm's quote for my X alone! If you study the premium costs, you can see that Progressive understands Tesla - for example, the collision coverage on my X costs less than the collision coverage for the 6 year old Lexus. Maybe because the Lexus can't avoid collisions by itself?

• Like x 1