Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance rates for M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone share how much they pay per month To insure their model 3? Preferably in the Bay Area and with low deductible (eg$1000) , good driving history?

I plugged in a model 3 SR to geico and it is giving me a quote of about $900/6month period. We're already expecting a MY, but I'm trying to do the math to see if it's worth it to convert our second car over to a tesla as well as I commute 300miles per week. It seems to me that the blow from insurance, not to mention a higher price point for the car itself would totally negate any savings over gas.

$734 for 6 months with 2 car discount from USAA. $0 comprehensive and $1000 collision. Have you tried Tesla insurance?
Thanks so much for your response. No I haven’t yet, but I don’t think you can get a quote without owning a car right? We haven’t received our MY yet and I’m just researching/running numbers to see if it’s worth it to sell our second car for a model 3.

Can anyone share how much they pay per month To insure their model 3? Preferably in the Bay Area and with low deductible (eg$1000) , good driving history?

I plugged in a model 3 SR to geico and it is giving me a quote of about $900/6month period. We're already expecting a MY, but I'm trying to do the math to see if it's worth it to convert our second car over to a tesla as well as I commute 300miles per week. It seems to me that the blow from insurance, not to mention a higher price point for the car itself would totally negate any savings over gas.
I’m paying $1100 per year.

65, spotlessly clean record, multi-car, bundled with home.

That was initially about $700 when the car was new (2018).

It’s gone way up for no good reason.

Teslas are involved in crashes far less often than other brands.

Just call your agent and ask what it will cost YOU for a specific model, even if you don't already own that model. Folks here have said it before, other people's cost isn't going to help you or apply to you at all. You can even call competitive insurance companies to ask them for quotes based on your specific "variables".