Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance renewal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 9 years no claim bonus but I do 25k miles per year. I thought it was the postcode that pumps it up but out of curiosity I used my previous post code which is considered quite posher compared to my current and interestingly the quotes went even higher!
LV went to 2k!!!
I give up; doesnt make sense. I guess I should be happy with the fact that my current insurer put a lower offer compared to last year.

I have 9 years no claim bonus but I do 25k miles per year. I thought it was the postcode that pumps it up but out of curiosity I used my previous post code which is considered quite posher compared to my current and interestingly the quotes went even higher!
LV went to 2k!!!
I give up; doesnt make sense. I guess I should be happy with the fact that my current insurer put a lower offer compared to last year.
I wonder what will happen with insurance if, let's say, you say that your annual mileage is 10k and you do 20k?
Insurers do not ask for the odometer readings, as far as I remember... ah, but they can check MOT history... But new cars do not need MOT for 4 years....

My guess is that they would check what your cover was for the previous years and act accordingly.
So if lets say in my case where I clocked 45k miles in two years if I was covered 10k each year then they could say that my cover was invalid all this time?
I don't know; but better safe than sorry.
By the way I trialed what you mentioned with the mileage on the LV site since it is the quickest one to generate a quote. Went from 25k miles per year to 10-11. Price dropped from 1800 to 1600£....LOL.....

Last edited:
My guess is that they would check what your cover was for the previous years and act accordingly.
So if lets say in my case where I clocked 45k miles in two years if I was covered 10k each year then they could say that my cover was invalid all this time?
I don't know; but better safe than sorry.
By the way I trialed what you mentioned with the mileage on the LV site since it is the quickest one to generate a quote. Went from 25k miles per year to 10-11. Price dropped from 1800 to 1600£....LOL.....
have you tried Peugeot?

Gave it a shot to be honest like 10 minutes ago :)
1454 cheapest option. At this point I give up. I will stay with Admiral which is 1k for renewal (down from 1,1k last year).
To be fair I am quite happy with their level of service since 2 months ago I had to replace the front part of the glass roof and they arranged everything with autoglass. All done next day with no fuss and no impact on my claims.