Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, Direct Line have a dedicated Tesla team, make sure you ring 0800 051 0036 (from the Tesla website) otherwise you'll end up in the usual call centre and need to go through "what's the cc" scenario.

LV were good for me and Novo have an excellent reputation for sorting out claims for Tesla drivers involved in accidents. They've recently started offering insurance and whilst not the cheapest the cover is very wide I believe.

Novo Incident Management | Tesla Insurance | Vehicle Replacement

Hastings Direct and Admiral get the odd mention, but NFU and Home & Legacy have pulled out.

Watch the "new for old" cover often thrown in - it gives you a replacement car if yours is written off in the first 12 months. The small print usually says a replacement vehicle has to be readily available, which is unlikely with a Tesla. I bought stand alone Gap insurance (for the first time ever), on a "replacement car" basis. These guys are good but not the only ones.

car2cover.co.uk

You will also get a better quote by making your enquires a few weeks before you need cover and then going back to firm up once a delivery date is known.

+1 re direct line. Same set up as you, terraced house (in london) parking on street. They were the least expensive with the best coverage. Check to make sure others will pay for Tesla to do the repairs; some seem to either limit the amount they will pay out for tesla to do the repairs or insist you use their repairers.

Hi all,

I have been with Direct Line in the past and again this year about to end. Admiral quoted me £5000+ to renew last August for my S90D, clean licence, well into middle age etc.

Premium with DL last year was about £400 for the Model S and renewal [with no claims, etc] they have quoted £600. Interestingly we also have a non REX BMW i3 and that was more last year to insure than the Tesla, by a small margin, and is also over £600 to renew with DL.

However, I feel I will not gain much by shopping around but I will do so. Last year I had a very good deal, so no complaints.

Regards,

Tony

• Informative
Reactions: ACarneiro
I've just insured an S85D with DirectLine living in London for £770. The point about arranging your insurance well before the start date is good advice - you will get a reasonable price reduction compared to insuring on the day.

just spoke with DC. they quoted me £1195 for Model X 75D with second driver. it includes NCD and £500 excess. i have 5 years no claim and off street parking. had a claim in July 16 which reduced by NCD to 5 years. i got better quotes

+1 re direct line. Same set up as you, terraced house (in london) parking on street. They were the least expensive with the best coverage. Check to make sure others will pay for Tesla to do the repairs; some seem to either limit the amount they will pay out for tesla to do the repairs or insist you use their repairers.
Out of interest how much DC quoted you? They quoted £1195 for Model x 75D with 5 years NCD and £500 voluntary excess