Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just checked with Peugeot Insurance for a new M3LR for myself and the mrs. 56/57, both no points and >9 years NCD total quote £210. I increased the cover to allow no excess, additional insurance and NCD protect took it to c£310. Seems a no brainer.
Caveat Emptor and all that, but if you’re sure it’s cosher, I suggest you and the Mrs grab it with all 4 of your hands🤣

• Funny
Reactions: Tom Tes
Has anyone used Bell insurance? (part of the admiral group) the cheapest quote I had for a model 3 LR was £559 which seems reasonable.
I think we would have to have a black box fitted, which if it makes it cheaper I'm happy as I'd say I'm a fairly sensible driver.

Next quote is with Churchill £627 so for the sake of £68 I guess it might be worth sticking with a known company especially if I can phone them up to try and get a %5 reduction if I tell them the car has autopilot if that discount still works?

"Black box insurance
A car insurance policy based on your driving style, also known as telematics. A device is typically fitted in your car and the way you drive is reported back to your insurer, with safer driving rewarded with reduced premiums."
I hope it doesn't penalise hard braking, as your car will likely do this for you when on AP. Hard accelerating is a whole other story ;)

Seems legit

© 1999–2021 U K Insurance Limited

PEUGEOT Insurance is underwritten by U K Insurance Limited. Registered Office: The Wharf, Neville Street, Leeds LS1 4AZ. Registered in England and Wales No. 1179980. U K Insurance Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Calls may be recorded.

Just checked with Peugeot Insurance for a new M3LR for myself and the mrs. 56/57, both no points and >9 years NCD total quote £210. I increased the cover to allow no excess, additional insurance and NCD protect took it to c£310. Seems a no brainer.
Please note all I cannot vouch for how good bad or indifferent this insurance company are. I’m presently with direct line and they were quoting me £558 against my present i3s which is about £320. Do your own research please on whether any insurance company gets a good name or not.

Seems legit

© 1999–2021 U K Insurance Limited

PEUGEOT Insurance is underwritten by U K Insurance Limited. Registered Office: The Wharf, Neville Street, Leeds LS1 4AZ. Registered in England and Wales No. 1179980. U K Insurance Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Calls may be recorded.
Hmm..

"Brands Owned by UKI
Use the button below if you’re a Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag customer"

So you'd expect them to quote similar to those given the same underwriter.

Has anyone got a quote recently from Peugeot insurance. I actually went to them for my existing ICE car after seeing them on here but when I have gone today to see a Model 3 quite again, as I am about to order, it says it won’t do it.

Has anyone got a quote recently from Peugeot insurance. I actually went to them for my existing ICE car after seeing them on here but when I have gone today to see a Model 3 quite again, as I am about to order, it says it won’t do it.
i have a quote from early January which is still valid, I hope... but car is not in delivery yet, so cannot order that :D

but went on website today and cannot get new quote... :/

Last edited:
Peugeot is no longer insuring Tesla - frustrating as they oferred competitive prices. Not sure where to go now. Direct Line is quoting me £900 and this probably the cheapest I can get. I have a clean license, maximum NCD discount. All comes down to postcode I guess - London postcodes doubles the premium.

Peugeot is no longer insuring Tesla - frustrating as they oferred competitive prices. Not sure where to go now. Direct Line is quoting me £900 and this probably the cheapest I can get. I have a clean license, maximum NCD discount. All comes down to postcode I guess - London postcodes doubles the premium.
Just a thought but have you tried A-Plan, all my ICE cars are with them and have always been competitive?

Thanks! I used A-Plan before - they're insurance broker and were able to find me a good premium with Axa. My current ICE insurance is £420 (mercedes) so massive difference when you compare it to Tesla!
That is a big jump, just used the Meerkat's to get a ROM quote for M3LR even though I will be getting an MY, and it was comparable to my BMW M40i. Good luck in your search.

Reactions: LuckyLukeUK
I am in small, quiet and safe town in midlands. Direct line quotes the same!