Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems LV are still in a state of flux regarding M3.

I’m already with LV, and after my cheap quote on comparethemarket yesterday, I decided to ring them today and get all the details of the new car on my account awaiting the final delivery date and registration.

First of all the very helpful agent told me that my model didn’t appear on their database. I then gave her the reference number for yesterday’s quote, and she was able to bring that up on her system, and it showed the correct model. One confused agent!

She put me on hold while she spoke to the technical team.

When she came back she explained that the RHD M3 isn’t yet on the system the agents use, but it is on the online system! The end result for me is that they have noted all the new car details, but used a Model S 60 as a “temporary model” until RHD M3 goes onto the main system.

When I have my delivery date and registration I just need to ring them.

Why is nothing Tesla simple?

• Informative
Reactions: Sirricardo
Exactly the same experience with LV as Roy W.

Comparethemarket had LV at £360, with next £1100. Phoned LV up and went through phone quote process and was told £750. When told agent the quote I got through Comparethemarket and gave her the reference, she found it and it is there waiting to be accepted once I get the registration.

Churchill was £670 fyi

• Informative
Reactions: Sirricardo
When she came back she explained that the RHD M3 isn’t yet on the system the agents use, but it is on the online system! The end result for me is that they have noted all the new car details, but used a Model S 60 as a “temporary model” until RHD M3 goes onto the main system.

Yes seems like if you phone up they will use the Model S 60 so best to stick to using the reference number, I hope in the next few weeks it will be sorted out!

One thing I have noticed across all the quotes is that the excess is very high. With Direct Line it was £500 compulsory and £350 voluntary which totals £850!. LV is lower but still way higher than my normal £250 I am used to. I understand that the choice on them using their own repair shops is not possible and that crash damage repairs are way higher.

One thing I have noticed across all the quotes is that the excess is very high. With Direct Line it was £500 compulsory and £350 voluntary which totals £850!. LV is lower but still way higher than my normal £250 I am used to. I understand that the choice on them using their own repair shops is not possible and that crash damage repairs are way higher.
I’m probably going to take out excess insurance - about £40 - which will cover the excess up to £1000.

Reactions: Gareth Davies
I just checked for the first time just to make sure someone will insure me before I take delivery (prob I’ll be sept / Oct) . Anyway a quick 5 min run thru on compare market £1150... I’m sure with some work I can get lower.

I’m currently £600 on a 2013 VW Golf and wife is £600 on 2014 RR Evoque (plan to turn into Peugeot 5008 or similar later this year). Both of us with NFU.

Difference is she is 17 years a driver with 9yrs + no claims and I’ve been a driver only since I was 26 (I’m 36 now). We shared a car for years which was in her name to bring the total cost lower so I’ve only built up NCB for the 3 years I’ve had my own car (Golf).

Anyone any ideas how best to lower costs going forward ? Don’t think NFU cover Tesla so a change of insurer required for the Tesla anyway.

Reactions: Roy W.
I just checked for the first time just to make sure someone will insure me before I take delivery (prob I’ll be sept / Oct) . Anyway a quick 5 min run thru on compare market £1150... I’m sure with some work I can get lower.

I’m currently £600 on a 2013 VW Golf and wife is £600 on 2014 RR Evoque (plan to turn into Peugeot 5008 or similar later this year). Both of us with NFU.

Difference is she is 17 years a driver with 9yrs + no claims and I’ve been a driver only since I was 26 (I’m 36 now). We shared a car for years which was in her name to bring the total cost lower so I’ve only built up NCB for the 3 years I’ve had my own car (Golf).

Anyone any ideas how best to lower costs going forward ? Don’t think NFU cover Tesla so a change of insurer required for the Tesla anyway.

Would try NOVO insurance in your case assuming your not getting the SR+

Quick Q - I now WFH, but do go into the office say once a month max, am I right in thinking I no longer need to add commuting to my insurance query? DL are still the cheapest (£717 now with a re-quote), the others are all over £2000