Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just get a SR+ .... £230 with Churchill (beginning of September price). It went up from £216 because I had to phone them to extend the quote date when delivery was delayed ... seems like a small price to pay when I see what people are paying for a Performance.

I have an SR+ and my renewal is £840! I'm in shropshire, <10K miles a year, 7 years NCD (accident in 2017 not my fault - guy went into the back of me), both work from home... I think it's because I'm 29, so a smidge under the 30 threshold. Everywhere's high!

Just get a SR+ .... £230 with Churchill (beginning of September price). It went up from £216 because I had to phone them to extend the quote date when delivery was delayed ... seems like a small price to pay when I see what people are paying for a Performance.

The SR+ has gone up as much for me as the LR AWD. Very similar quotes and both 50 percent plus rise in the last few weeks. Such a shame!

Just got another quote with Churchill and it comes in at £348. The cheapest so far for me.

For the sake of it (because I'm trying to convince myself I can afford it), I quoted on the M3P too, and it was £556 (and £456 for the LR).

I am 63 full protected NCB living in Bedworth Warickshire car kept on the drive and only me as the driver and still my cheapest quote was £805 pa with Direct Line

I have an SR+ and my renewal is £840! I'm in shropshire, <10K miles a year, 7 years NCD (accident in 2017 not my fault - guy went into the back of me), both work from home... I think it's because I'm 29, so a smidge under the 30 threshold. Everywhere's high!

Shropshire too, a lot older, M3P, and £144 added to Multicar policy till the end of April. Thats about £375 over a year.

Insurance seems to be a lottery but however much I get irritated by Admiral they do give me give me good deals.
My 19 year old son is on my multicar in his lowly VW Up but I got that for £450 whereas all his friends are paying double that at least.

If It helps: Ive just bought insurance on a multi-car policy for an M3 SR+ & a Rav4 with LV

£441 and £190 respectively. Rural Shropshire and over 50. My current insurer, Quote Me Happy (not) wouldn't even touch the Tesla. Happy to insure a Golf R though - go figure!

LV top tip: use DL numbers.

Enter your and your partner's driving licence information by DL number (where you enter the last five characters instead of stating duration held etc).

My (consistent) quote, with the £0 voluntary (£500 total) excess/business use necessary for Leaseplan, when from £645 => £622 (me by DL number) => £602 (partner by DL number).

It causes a DVLA lookup - and probably adds to the surety of the information/adds to it, to reduce risk in insurers minds.

Knocked it down 7%, and when I add in my £35 Topcashback as per link above - it compensates for having that (irritating) excess requirement imposed by the lease.

Obviously - if you don't have a partner - stick your Mum or someone else down - that reduces price in general too - and you don't *have* to let them have a go.

If anyone is shopping for GAP, I would recommend gapinsurance.co.uk. Used three times now and always great levels of cover and price. They are ‘which?’ recommended too. Just got 3 yrs of back-to-invoice GAP (leasing) for £117. Can do it over the phone or through their website. Lease company quoted me £199 for a lower level of cover.

If anyone is shopping for GAP, I would recommend gapinsurance.co.uk. Used three times now and always great levels of cover and price. They are ‘which?’ recommended too. Just got 3 yrs of back-to-invoice GAP (leasing) for £117. Can do it over the phone or through their website. Lease company quoted me £199 for a lower level of cover.

If you can get the first year of your insurance to cover the costs (i.e. I don't need GAP) of a potential write-off, can you just wait a year to get GAP?

If It helps: Ive just bought insurance on a multi-car policy for an M3 SR+ & a Rav4 with LV

£441 and £190 respectively. Rural Shropshire and over 50. My current insurer, Quote Me Happy (not) wouldn't even touch the Tesla. Happy to insure a Golf R though - go figure!
Shropshire too, a lot older, M3P, and £144 added to Multicar policy till the end of April. Thats about £375 over a year.

Insurance seems to be a lottery but however much I get irritated by Admiral they do give me give me good deals.
My 19 year old son is on my multicar in his lowly VW Up but I got that for £450 whereas all his friends are paying double that at least.
Also Shropshire and added to Admiral multi-car for a very reasonable fee. Yet if I get a new quote online with admiral and its crazy high. Can't reconcile the two. Not complaining but not looking forward to renewal in July!

I may be filling in the information incorrectly, but just checked for a quote on-line. They only offer me a one year (renewable) policy for £90.72 for the year. My car is M3P+ owned outright. Does that sound correct?

I may be filling in the information incorrectly, but just checked for a quote on-line. They only offer me a one year (renewable) policy for £90.72 for the year. My car is M3P+ owned outright. Does that sound correct?
That is one option but it should also show a different option for 3 years or however long your agreement is. If you can’t find it in the page just give them a call and they will be happy to give you a price.

I'm still struggling to find anything outside of the Direct Line group insurance wise on my M3P+. Under 30s insurance seems difficult to find. LV won't insure me due to not enough experience, and neither will Novo. Best quote outside of Direct Line brands is £4500 for a black box policy from Insure Wiser. Admiral coming in at £6100.

I'm still struggling to find anything outside of the Direct Line group insurance wise on my M3P+. Under 30s insurance seems difficult to find. LV won't insure me due to not enough experience, and neither will Novo. Best quote outside of Direct Line brands is £4500 for a black box policy from Insure Wiser. Admiral coming in at £6100.
Try bymiles...if you do 7,000 miles or less per annum it may be cheaper

Sounds similar to what I found when trying to insure a RB5 Impreza when I was 28, essentially no one wanted to insure me, had to get a different car!!

Good luck