Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a thought but have you tried A-Plan, all my ICE cars are with them and have always been competitive?
Thanks! I used A-Plan before - they're insurance broker and were able to find me a good premium with Axa. My current ICE insurance is £420 (mercedes) so massive difference when you compare it to Tesla!
I am in small, quiet and safe town in midlands. Direct line quotes the same!
It's so annoying! And I'm only getting RWD model! Insurance group is 48-50 so most expensive! Tesla 3 should be lowered now! Will see how it goes but all money saved on petrol will go on insurance!

Reactions: RichardTheKing
Thanks! I used A-Plan before - they're insurance broker and were able to find me a good premium with Axa. My current ICE insurance is £420 (mercedes) so massive difference when you compare it to Tesla!

It's so annoying! And I'm only getting RWD model! Insurance group is 48-50 so most expensive! Tesla 3 should be lowered now! Will see how it goes but all money saved on petrol will go on insurance!
Well, not really. Currently filling about 70 gbp a week. Insurance is about 70 a month ;)

Well, not really. Currently filling about 70 gbp a week. Insurance is about 70 a month ;)
Well don't forget about the cost of EV car- more expensive too. There is no registration on insurance in the UK - free market and they can charge whatever - each quite is different when you compare on multiple sites! If you come across anything cheaper let me know! Still waiting for VIN so hopefully delivery in March!

How does Churchill work out now? Mine renewed last September at £225.12 for my SR+, based on 12,000 miles but keeping a relatively high £900 excess.

What's the rationale behind that super high excess?

Btw 900 excess means 900 voluntary or combined?

Combined. I never use insurance unless a major claim ... in my view it's simply not worth it because of the effect on present and future premiums. I have sufficient put aside to deal with small damage or to meet that excess on a bigger claim. So far this approach appears to have worked in my favour.

Hey all,

MS 90D 2017, 1288£ last year, 0 NCD, late 30s, East Midlands

Checking DL 1588£ with 1y NCD, like how the af?

Compare the market show cheapest as 2500£.

What am I doing wrong? Show me these juicy 3 digit fees.
Live a few years longer, build up some NCD years, move to an area with low traffic and low crime rate. I can’t think what else you can do.

• Funny
Reactions: BatteryJuice
Did you go to direct line directly or via tesla web?
I used the link from Tesla Web.

Last year I noticed that there was a special page from Tesla to DL, still got the URL but it's not working, in late May that would give realistic quotes. They changed it in June but I was lucky to have it saved in my history.

Dunno what's going on. I mean, I expected 1200s but not 300£ rise on year to year. What quotes do other people get for MS? Am I the outlier?

First time this year my renewal quote from Admiral was lower than last year. From 1100 to 1000. Doing 25k miles per year, 9+ years NCD.
Checked everywhere else; lowest I could find was 1600....
LV was 1800, DL was around 2k lol.
Yes, my renewal also dropped when I renewed in September (Churchill). I'll not mention the price again because it's clearly in a different ball-park to the quotes you guys are having to deal with.

Having a full NCD makes a huge difference ... different companies use different percentages. Here are two examples (from Which magazine) showing the effects of NCD with different percentages and also taking account of a different base premium in the second example:
Insurer AInsurer B
No-claims discount75%60%
Base premium£1,000£1,000
Premium with discount£250£400
Base premium£1,500£900
Premium with discount£375£360