Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm, I think I have said this a few times. Anyone else's insurance cost is of no value to you. It is very very personalized..... unless you are looking for a ball park estimate of like + or - 100%. ;) Car locator rebates.... yea, that would be good information. :)

Looking for ball park since I know my perfect track record and many years of experience make a difference. But definitely 50% more expensive then my Audi Q5
Ah ok, but I probably was not clear. You might already know this, but I would not factor even a ball park estimate due to all the variances. If you can find a driver of the same approximate age, same sex, same exact model and year of car, lives in the same area, drives the same amount of miles each year, same driving record, same length driving history, factors in multi-policy (or not) discount, type of coverage, and other factors that slip my mind at present, then maybe you can pay attention to that estimate :) It's an important question, but I suggest just call your insurance company and ask them for an estimate based on what they already know about you. I'm not trying to be an ass about this. Just hate to see you make a conclusion based on stuff that people post (brag about) on here ;)

Oh and LoJack? Is that something you would put on a Tesla (not needed), or are we talking about another type of car. I'm just assuming you are talking about a Tesla.

Tickets are a killer for your insurance premium - in my experience it's the #1 cause of big premiums. My Model 3 insurance was super-cheap until I got one a few months ago. :-(

It's pointless to compare insurance costs until your tickets expire.
Similar for me, got a ticket over the winter and then had to get new insurance due to a change in circumstances this spring and the price more than doubled from $1100 to $2590 (2018 Dual Motor Model 3, in Montreal on the island). Honestly the quote was pretty shocking at the time, I'm sure there was more than just the ticket, but it didn't help.

I had to change everything over during the start of the quarantine so many places were short staffed, I think it took me most of the day on hold to sort it all out, so I didn't have the time or willpower to spend another couple of days on hold getting better quotes. I will have to do so when my insurance comes up for renewal.

In my case it just went up to 1200 tx included(9% in case of insurance). I'm with La personnelle which is available for many organisations but not publicly available I think. I will check with La capitale, I heard they are one the best for electric vehicule. I am also on the north shore