Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure insurance has been covered a few times on here, however, I haven't seen Star Insurance mentioned before.
When I was looking for cover for my 2014 MS, Google pointed me at Vero and TradeMe etc. Some insurers don't want to know about Tesla's, hence TradeMe quoted about $4k!

The process to get a quote from Vero is slow and arduous, but the cover is good and the price is fair, but it took 4 days for them to produce the quote.

I found Star Insurance, I filled out my info online, the quote was back within an hour. The price was better than Vero, cover seems comparable and their communication was excellent. I wanted an agreed value, rather than trade value, so they asked for a certified valuation and told me who to use (NZVV in Christchurch) Valuation cost $120, service was great and had no impact on the premium cost.

They are underwriten by Berkshire Hathaway, so I can say Warren Buffet is my insurance man!

All their reviews seem very good too, so I went with them and I'm happy so far.

Maybe another option for people to look at.

I have no connection in any way with any insurance company (or Warren Buffet)

Reactions: Ecoli and Audietron
I'm sure insurance has been covered a few times on here, however, I haven't seen Star Insurance mentioned before.
When I was looking for cover for my 2014 MS, Google pointed me at Vero and TradeMe etc. Some insurers don't want to know about Tesla's, hence TradeMe quoted about $4k!

The process to get a quote from Vero is slow and arduous, but the cover is good and the price is fair, but it took 4 days for them to produce the quote.

I found Star Insurance, I filled out my info online, the quote was back within an hour. The price was better than Vero, cover seems comparable and their communication was excellent. I wanted an agreed value, rather than trade value, so they asked for a certified valuation and told me who to use (NZVV in Christchurch) Valuation cost $120, service was great and had no impact on the premium cost.

They are underwriten by Berkshire Hathaway, so I can say Warren Buffet is my insurance man!

All their reviews seem very good too, so I went with them and I'm happy so far.

Maybe another option for people to look at.

I have no connection in any way with any insurance company (or Warren Buffet)
Thanks for sharing.
It's good to have some competition in market, because in New Zealand you go to AA, AMI, Trade me or Vero - all underwritten by Vero at the end so basically no real competition (hence Vero is slowest to give quote, as they don't care how you get there).

But again, getting a best premium for insurance is one thing, and getting claim process right and claim processed over time is another. so curious about that side of experience, if anyone had any with Star insurance? because for Vero and all of their distributors it's fast and straightforward in most cases (so far) so good to know their competition as well.

we earlier had similar discussion for NZ in another thread as below: