Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

INSURANCE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model S insurance just went up 7% over last year, but it's only $1,800/yr for the 2017 MS and a 2003 Accord (that still has collision insurance on it). If the 7% continues, it could get pretty testy fairly soon, but it's sure not starting at $5,000. No matter what company is giving that quote, it's unbelievable.

Received my insurance Quote today on my 2017 Model X and it is Over $5,000. plus
I did not plan this, does this sound right?
Without knowing your full background (tickets, accidents, credit, etc.), it's impossible to know if you're being ripped off or not. Like the other posters mentioned, definitely shop around. I'm about to switch to Progressive after USAA wouldn't match their pricing. I'm going from $250 per month to $169 per month (2014 MS & 2017 Accord).

Reactions: pvazquez03
Received my insurance Quote today on my 2017 Model X and it is Over $5,000. plus
I did not plan this, does this sound right?
insurance is very personalized so it would impossible to say anymore than that it is a very high quote. some of the variables that can affect what a person has to pay includes and are not limited to your sex, your age, marital status, children, where you live, where the car will be parked, both at home and work, total miles driven, miles commuted, usage of the car for work or other commercial uses, prior claim record, driving records, your credit score. the best advice would be to shop around, for me quotes varied wildly

After being a customer to American commerce insurance co for nearly a decade they informed me that they no longer carry policies on tesla vehicles and I need to find a new carrier.

My agent is shopping around now and I’ll share the company I end up with but I’d suggest contacting an agent local to you to get fair quotes.

We had Geico for 10 years and Theo prices have always been fair until we got our 2017 MS qoute. They quoted us over 400 a month! That's including our old Land Rover discovery. Shopped around and progressive came through at 140 a month for both cars!

Here's a nice tip if you're married or on someone's insurance. use who ever credit is the highest as the primary on the insurance. Makes a HUGE difference. They only check credit of the primary person and the other person just piggy backs the insurance.

I have Progressive as well. It's funny when you get quotes online from different insurance companies to compare but then they try to contact you by phone later on to let you know that you can get better quote and then you mention that you have a Tesla. Mysteriously, the part of getting a better deal is no longer applicable.

I had esurance and on their wed site it was about $1200 / yr quoted, BUT when I signed up I had to call them and it went up to $2100/yr for my Tesla S75D 2017. I have a perfect record and 30+ yrs driving, so I called around and found "Costco" insurance Ameriprise quoted me only $1100/yr and better insurance, check them out.

Whoa that is waayyy too much (unless you have multiple tickets/accidents). But even then that’s unreal. At that rate I hope it’s at least a P100D.

I pay $1700/yr for full coverage MS and liability Excursion and Mini (random garage, I know). I don’t know about your state laws in regards to insurance brokers, but it’s the way to go. If anyone is in WA state, let me know and I’ll send you to the same one I have