Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

InsureMyTesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rates for me worse than my current policy with AMICA.... Added in the rental coverage, the deductible, etc., I guess we're supposed to choose OEM parts since that's part of the 'advantage'? Cost me a lot more (almost 100%).

Looks like it's just a link to Liberty Mutual, and perhaps they have some discount, but I'm not seeing it... like to hear how others compare to current coverage.

Edit: you can click on the link and do a quote step-by-step in about a minute.
My quote was sweet apples to sour apples.
With identical coverages Liberty Mutual was 39% higher than I have with Progressive. LM has called me twice since I quoted an hour ago. It may work for some people.

Wow. That is one of the most expensive insurance companies I've ever seen. Incredible. :eek: 44% higher IF WE LIE AND SAY WE DON'T HAVE TEEN DRIVERS. It appears they do not allow teen drivers with clean records, straight A's and professional defensive driving behind-the-wheel training. They do give discounts for On Line Driving Safety Classes. Really? What, they play GTA for an hour and issue a cert? WTF? I wonder if they give discounts for 'participation' in a driving school instead of passing it?

I will stop complaining about auto insurance costs. Thanks!:confused:

Quote for me was higher than my current Geico amount so I didn’t complete the application on line. Liberty has called me twice this morning and when I answered, the call handler was going to transfer me to a Liberty rep. I politely asked that they not do that and remove me from their lists, which they said they will.

Seems a shame Tesla is using their good name on this program. Perhaps it is beneficial for someone, but judging by the postings here, it doesn’t appear to have value.

I currently have liberty mutual. $500 deductibles My annual premium is $2000 for a 2016.5 75d now. I’m afraid to ask what it would be through insure my Tesla. I don’t understand how it could be more than non-Tesla specific insurance.

Just an FYI be ready for your policy to jump a lot when it renews. I had Liberty Mutual and it was really competitive. When it renewed the cost for my Model S nearly tripled, when I called to ask what was going on they blamed it on repair costs. Of course I jumped to another company, but just be ready for the increase so you aren't surprised when it happens.

• Informative
Reactions: fasteddie7