Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Integration with Google Home / Google Assistant - Now available for general use

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the service is down again since a few days. It is not possible to link the account anymore and if it was already linked, "EVCar is not responding".
Message when trying to link:
{"message": "Endpoint request timed out"}

Is the 2-Step Verification process Tesla announced going to break this process or does it just impact getting a token, and once obtained has no impact on your app?

Again, thanks for this app!

I just tried it out and there it works as is. If Tesla does make a change to the APIs in the future, I hope they introduce long-lived tokens so re-linking is no longer required.

Reactions: FMinMI
I just tried it out and there it works as is. If Tesla does make a change to the APIs in the future, I hope they introduce long-lived tokens so re-linking is no longer required.
Yeah, not really "2 factor auth" if I can get an access token without the second factor via their API. Just re-linked my account with EV Car and it didn't need the second factor at all.

Not super confidence building that there is a loop hole here.

The Authentication method that Tesla employs has been updated. Implementing the new mechanism will take a while. I did find new documentation updated at Tim Dorr's excellent resource: Authentication however that has not worked for me yet.

For now, if you have an existing token generated before or one generated from another tool that support the new mechanism, you can use that token for enabling this skill.

The Authentication method that Tesla employs has been updated. Implementing the new mechanism will take a while. I did find new documentation updated at Tim Dorr's excellent resource: Authentication however that has not worked for me yet.

For now, if you have an existing token generated before or one generated from another tool that support the new mechanism, you can use that token for enabling this skill.
Will eagerly await the fix! Thanks!