Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Integration with Google Home / Google Assistant - Now available for general use

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally some good news ...
In addition to Tesla's changes to the APIs, there were also some changes to Amazon AWS. All of those issue have been resolved now.
You should be able to login with the app now. MFA is not yet supported so you will not be bale to use this to login with email/password. If you have your own tokens, it will continue to work.

Please try it out and let me know how it goes.

In addition to Tesla's changes to the APIs, there were also some changes to Amazon AWS. All of those issue have been resolved now.
You should be able to login with the app now. MFA is not yet supported so you will not be bale to use this to login with email/password. If you have your own tokens, it will continue to work.

I was able to login for the first time today. Works great really appreciate all the work this must take. Thanks Gol4!

Thanks @Gol4 all working again now. Can I just clarify something though; is there any difference between these commands: turn climate on, warm up my car, get ready to take off? And what on earth does "go into hyperdrive" do?

Perhaps a little explanation on the first post would be useful.

Thanks again.

Thanks @Gol4 all working again now. Can I just clarify something though; is there any difference between these commands: turn climate on, warm up my car, get ready to take off? And what on earth does "go into hyperdrive" do?

Perhaps a little explanation on the first post would be useful.

Thanks again.

Yes, they all start the climate system. I can't edit the first page anymore but here is a FAQ page: http://eviecar.io/falcon_web.ws/faq

My token expired so I did the typical - unlink, then link again. But after entering in my Tesla email/password, it thinks for a while and give me: message "Endpoint request timed out"

A new problem? Using Google Home...

Also, how does one generate a token (if that way is more consistent to use with your app).

Thanks.

Looks like Tesla is again blocking all requests coming from Amazon AWS.
With the intricacies of the new authentication workflow, I don't currently have a way to bounce the requests off a non-AWS server. Hopefully the limitation is short-lived. If not, I'll figure out a way to work though a proxy.

I went ahead and created a proxy to bounce Tesla API requests off a non-Amazon server. Authentication should work correctly now.

I am sorry but it is still not working. I tried 3 times but each time after about a 15 second pause I got:

I then went to Tesla.com and confirmed that the email and password are correct as I could log into my account.

Thanks.

I am sorry but it is still not working. I tried 3 times but each time after about a 15 second pause I got:

I then went to Tesla.com and confirmed that the email and password are correct as I could log into my account.

Thanks.
Hmm... Your requests might have been going to a older endpoint. If that was the case, it would be fixed now. There were some other infra issues too that are now resolved.
Please try and let me know. Thanks.

Reactions: FlatSix911
Hi OP ... was the Google Assistant Integration taken down or did you take it down yourself? :(
Unfortunately Google took it down yesterday. First because they wanted to do a random "test" apparently didn't have a Tesla to test with :rolleyes:
Then I provided a temporary token so they could test with my car and this time they rejected it because they have moved goal-posts - they now require a secondary authentication when locking/unlocking or opening windows. That is a big change on the design/development side so I am considering what the options are.

• Informative
Reactions: FMinMI
What whatever its worth, I sent off this rant to Google which was met with an expected "That's how things work" response.

1) The skill was "taken down" because account linking did not work. That is ridiculous. You need a Tesla Vehicle to link an account. If you don't have one available to test, don't punish our app. Taking an app down is an extreme measure. If you had only asked, we would have provided a temporary token for you to test account linking.

2) After providing a temporary token, the app is failing review because you now require a secondary authentication based on a new Smart-Enabled Devices policy. Again, the end-users have suddenly lost access to the app because Google decided to change the goal-post without any warning to the developer. Wouldn't it have been better to provide some heads-up that this was coming? ... and thereby providing time for developers to proactively prepare for this upcoming change?

What we have now is a perfectly running app arbitrarily taken down and no hope of coming up anytime soon because developers have to redesign major functionality.

Reactions: FMinMI